Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given this big change on how Users will buy and sell items on SCI, it might be helpful for some of us less "tech savy" readers to have a "Sticky" that gives us some basic instructions on how we now use Panjo to buy and sell items.

Just a suggestion....RvE
    Last edited by RvE; 05-13-2014, 01:35 PM.

Comment

So what is the advantage of using panjo here over posting on evilbay?

Isn't it practically the same thing except on this site?

Some of us don't choose to use pay pal accounts and like to pay with cash for transactions or even make trades.

I feel as if I am being shut out of purchasing now on this site due to this based on limiting how things are paid for......

This was the biggest complaint over at hobbytalk also.....

Oh well it is a free market and I guess I will take my $$$$ else where.

Also I agree with what this poster stated also below!

""""Let me be the first to THANK all the dishonest members that screwed up the buy/sell section of SCI for the rest of us.""""

Comment

Panjo takes nothing, that will never change. There are options to accept payment in forms other than PayPal.

Panjo takes their money from the PayPal portion through an agreement they have with PayPal. So in essence PayPal gets even less of your money with the remainder going to Panjo. It's a very small portion but anyone that has seen "Office Space" can attest to the fact that pennies on the dollar do add up.

Important differences between here and eBay...

1. Ebay is an auction site despite the Buy It Now option.
        2. Ebay requires a fee from the seller, Panjo does not. Any FEES other than that taken by PayPal would go only to SCI. You can decide for yourself if that's a bad thing. As it is currently, it's a free system with no settings invoked for taking a portion of the sale price.

The bottom line became a forum gone wild with enough issues that some had to spend plenty of time dealing with issues from the buy/sell forums.

This should end much of that.

As it turns out, Panjo is the best choice, in fact from what I found, the only choice that will easily work with the VBulletin forum software employed here. It's why after searching for some time I recommended Panjo. You can blame me.

As for myself, I suggested implementing the portion that would collect a percentage of each sale. I think supporting a web site that actively supports us is a valued item. You get a solid audience of interested buyers that know what they are looking at. Plus you can interact with the sellers and buyers as desired.

I was however overruled.

I realize that change is always difficult. But since there isn't any money being pulled out of your sale and there are options to collect funds outside of PayPal I think it's worth the try. Not to mention for those that want to use PayPal they can just click the button, much simpler than the current process and there will be no arguing over who claimed it first as I see now frequently.

Give it a try before you decide you don't like it.
        Last edited by kidvoltage; 05-12-2014, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaleracing View Post
          The New SCI Buy/Sell is now in place in this forum.
          When you want to list new items you will be directed to join Panjo before you crate your first listing.
          Then you can post here as before, and all the new features will be active for you.

Any questions please ask.

1-253-255-1807
          hi alan,
          I have a panjo account but its not letting me post anything ,I keep getting directed to another sci page for the market place and panjo but its not telling me anything cheer's carl

Comment

even make trades.

The Swap meet section of the marketplace is unaffected.

Comment

Are you trying to post an item for sale here.

hi alan,
              I have a panjo account but its not letting me post anything ,I keep getting directed to another sci page for the market place and panjo but its not telling me anything cheer's carl
              Are you using the Post a new thread on the SCI Buy/Sell section of SCI that should bring up a Panjo listing window within the SCI Page.

Or are you trying to list on Panjo direct, that is not how this works.

You are welcome to call me anytime I will do all I can to help you sell items on my Forum securely.

thanks for the question.

1-253-255-1807
              Last edited by Scaleracing; 05-12-2014, 06:23 PM.
              Alan Smith
              SCI Owner.
              www.scaleracing.com
              www.slotcarillustrated.com
              www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
              www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Panjo does not seem to be loading on SCI

The panjo page is not loading for me right now. We are speaking with Panjo to correct this.
                Should be sorted out soon.
                Alan Smith
                SCI Owner.
                www.scaleracing.com
                www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Originally posted by kidvoltage View Post
                  As for myself, I suggested implementing the portion that would collect a percentage of each sale. I think supporting a web site that actively supports us is a valued item.
                  Yes, I like that option. I dont know what the SCI backend runs, But there are about 150 different PHP scripts for implementing an auction site like ebay. I like the idea of not leaving money on the table like SCI currently does. I have also seen some users sell items for way below value and I get to view it too late even though I would have paid them double the amount they got. I can understand some guys not wanting to go through an auction, but a simple 1 day auction with the option for 3 and 5 day auctions would have been awesome.

Oh well, adapt and move forward !

Comment

thanks for the question.

1-253-255-1807[/quote]
                    Hi Alan,
                    No I'm not trying to list directly on panjo ,I know that's not how it works,when I click the 'new thread' icon it redirects me to another page leading me to neither panjo or the SCI buy sell page to list anything,pretty strange right!! Let me know what to do.cheers carl
                    Last edited by Scaleracing; 05-12-2014, 06:23 PM.

Comment

OK thanks, trying to get all the facts.

I tried and now working again for me now in I.E. and Chrome.
                      Last edited by Scaleracing; 05-12-2014, 06:37 PM.
                      Alan Smith
                      SCI Owner.
                      www.scaleracing.com
                      www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Originally posted by kidvoltage View Post
                        Give it a try before you decide you don't like it.
                        What an absurd notion!

I demand to be directed to the Complaints Department!

Comment

""""The Swap meet section of the marketplace is unaffected.""""

I would like to think so since I was the one through Alan's blessing who initially started it.

I'm not knocking the panjo thing just not familiar with how it works.

Change is always stressful till you get comfortable with it.

Comment

New Thread link working here now.

You should be able to post new items again, once you join Panjo, the New Thread Button is working again now.
                            Please let me know if you are not able to get to the Panjo new listing page.

This will take a little while to sort out all the kinks.

Thanks for helping, if you have an issue let me know browser etc. this helps diagnose problems.

Alan Smith
                            SCI Owner.
                            www.scaleracing.com
                            www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Originally posted by BRP32 View Post
                              Good luck with this Panjo deal.

They set it up on Hobbytalk recently also and it has created nothing but headaches.

Everyone tends to circumvent it in the swap/trade area to get around it.

Just what I read heard about it on that site.

I have not used panjo yet.....

Yep. absolutely killed the website for me. It was very trade/sell/buy friendly now it's not even worth logging on.

Perhaps SCI will be different. I'm optimistic.

Comment

Yep Modifier me too.

I work deals around the panjo deal there through PM's to the sellers.

The buy/sell /trade area on Hobbytalk is dead now due to switching over to panjo.

I hate to see the same happen here.

Fortunately Home Racing World has not gone to this format in their buy/sell/trade section yet.

I will do most of my transactions there most likely.

Comment

Working...
                                X