X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BRP32 View Post
    Yep Modifier me too.

I work deals around the panjo deal there through PM's to the sellers.

The buy/sell /trade area on Hobbytalk is dead now due to switching over to panjo.

I hate to see the same happen here.

Fortunately Home Racing World has not gone to this format in their buy/sell/trade section yet.

I will do most of my transactions there most likely.

I understand the motivation though, a few bad apples ruined it for all the good people.

The upside is the "Swap" is still available opposed to it being included like on HT.

Comment

Advantages to the buyer, me. Your customer.

A nice search facility so I can look for what I want and find it if it's there. Not so easy now. For instance, I could search for Slot.it Porsche and find all the ones listed. Much easier for the buyer to select what they want.

I can also look at pages of listings with pictures so I don't have to look through 50-car post after 50-car post to see there's nothing I'm interested in.

And when I do click on the buy button I will know that it is available for my purchase without someone else claiming dibs.

No more posts intended only to get your post back to the top of the listings. One of my personal peeves.

I can leave feedback that will then be grouped into a viewable record for other buyers to see. If we get great sellers we can point it out. If not, we can let that be known too.

As a buyer I find a lot to like.

Comment

Originally posted by kidvoltage View Post
        Advantages to the buyer, me. Your customer.
        Problem is if it's a problem to the sellers, there won't be many sellers.

Something I'd like to see with this new system, and if it's there please let me know as I haven't been able to figure it out, is multiple listings in a single post. I am about to sell a bunch of cars, but as far as I can tell I can only post one per thread. (Unless I sell a group for one price).

Comment

You can sell a group of them for the same price. For instance...

$40 cars. Your selection, first come, first served.

In the listing show a picture of each car and then select Quantity from the advanced options below the boxes. After listing the quantity it would be your job to update the listing to note the sold items.

There's also an option to accept a best offer and with a little thought I bet that could do what you want.

Quantity, best offer and then in the text of your item description you can list your preferred best offer.
          Last edited by kidvoltage; 05-12-2014, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Working now

Originally posted by Scaleracing View Post
            You should be able to post new items again, once you join Panjo, the New Thread Button is working again now.
            Please let me know if you are not able to get to the Panjo new listing page.

This will take a little while to sort out all the kinks.

Thanks for helping, if you have an issue let me know browser etc. this helps diagnose problems.

Thank Alan,
            Whatever you did worked.cheers carl

Comment

Thank you I appreciate people giving this a fair chance.

It will take time to sort out all the little issues, and of course the change in the way things are listed. But I feel for the majority this is a good solution I deeply appreciate Monte finding this solution for SCI.
              Yes I overruled him and refused to charge Members for selling on SCI for now, that may change but not now.
              Panjo does not take anything out of your sale and will not, or I will take it down.

This product makes sales more secure, also more visible as it is placed much higher in Google search etc. Also if you go onto the SCI Panjo home page you see all the items for sale without having to search with SCI thread.
              Plus sales through Panjo happen instantly so no missing an item, or getting it sold out from under you.

Yes you have to use Paypal or a Credit card or you are outside of Panjo and from now on SCI protection. I simply cannot keep working for free to help people buy things on SCI.
              That said I feel most know I will always try to help people, if you feel that is not true then you are on the wrong Forum.

I hope in time this will reduce my work load on SCI a little as right now I spend too much time doing admin in the Buy/Sell section on SCI.

With regard to Hobbytalk actually it is not true the Site is dead their numbers are very strong since the switch to Panjo, I will not share $ but over 300 sales on listing in the last 30 days.
              Also about 1/3rd of listing sell, sounds good to me.

Panjo people ( they are not eBay ) are Enthusiasts just like you guys, they feel they can offer a better experience than the way people buy/sell on Forums right now, I trust Monte and have gone with their solution. If it does not work for the Community at large I will take it down.

But it simply is not true they do not care, they are only out for your money etc. Sure they need to eat, as do I but everything they tell me fits with what I believe.

The Buy/Sell on SCI has grown tremendously since I took over SCI in Nov 2003, 18 months after Ken started SCI ( thank you Ken )
              I started this section as a way for private members to buy/sell/trade items they no longer wanted/needed to other Forum members.

This section was never intended to be the close out of the Hobby, we have eBay for that. It was and is right now a place where SCI members can safely sell and buy used items between each other.

I do not want it to be the closing out of the Hobby Section of SCI as I do not want to see the Hobby close or Close out.

I will continue to review how this goes, and work with Panjo to find solutions to suit SCI and the Members here.

The Trade section of SCI is still up and if you feel safe Trading cars for say dollar bills then have at it. I hoped this solution would create a better place on SCI and prevent Stolen goods being sold here, and people getting cheated out of money.

I would like to think you would work with SCI and Panjo but of course if your solution is going somewhere else I cannot stop you. I know the traffic here, and we are the leading Forum in North America, also in many other parts of the World, so if you want your items to be seen SCI is a good place to be.

I want this Industry and the Hobby is creates to continue to grow and I will continue to build SCI with that in mind.
              It's your Hobby enjoy it, it's my Business and I am trying to give all a fair and safe place to deal with each other.

Any questions please ask. 1-253-255-1807
              Last edited by Scaleracing; 05-13-2014, 09:25 AM.
              Alan Smith
              SCI Owner.
              www.scaleracing.com
              www.slotcarillustrated.com
              www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
              www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Alan, as always, your efforts are greatly apreciated.

Comment

So this part is a pita for sellers, selling multiple cars you have to ask the same price for all and manipulate it somehow someway to get individual prices? I like K.I.S.S.

This is a great "forum" for slot info. There's nothing wrong with running it like a business like you guys do. Not wanting ebay listings posted, not having advertisers posting such or links posted from other sites. Pretty rigid rules compared to other "sites/forums" which is your choice. There may be no fee to sci now but it's coming, which again is ok, just do it now, and not do it 30-60 days later.

In the listing show a picture of each car and then select Quantity from the advanced options below the boxes. After listing the quantity it would be your job to update the listing to note the sold items.

There's also an option to accept a best offer and with a little thought I bet that could do what you want.

Quantity, best offer and then in the text of your item description you can list your preferred best offer.

Comment

New Buy/Sell

As someone who is constantly buying and ...well selling too, I'm looking forward to seeing how this works.

I'm optimistic that Alan will work out any perceived bugs in the system.

QC

Comment

RE: panjo

Well, I have not really used the buy/sell area much until the last couple years and it's only been in the last 12 or so months that I feel it has worked for me at all. BUT, I had got to the point where I was having resonably good success here.

So anywayz I went to list some things yesterday and I kept getting re-directed to the Panjo thing; It was starting to **** me off cause I did not want to go there. Then I started seeing the name in a few places and it kinda sunk in with me what was going on.

I like many here was disappointed; hard to put my finger on exactly why, maybe I just need to warm to the idea? But, I really liked the informalness of the the old BST area and I liked the fact that it was kinda "off the radar" and dealing mostly with other slot brothers.

Honestly, though I rarely really posted things for sale I mostly, scanned through looking for people who were wanting particular items that I might have and dealt directly with them @ that point, so I am not sure how that will work now?

I know you gotta do what makes sense for you, and there's always trouble makers who spoil it for everybody, but for now at least I will post my stuff elsewhere and see how everybody like's Panjo.

I could understand and I am O.K. with you making a percent or two if you stay with Panjo, I would rather the money go to SCI then Ebay, but . . . hmmm. . .I don't know . . .I need to think about it . .

Comment

First - Kidvoltage - you are the most advanced first-time Panjo user we have encountered. Kudos.

Second - Hi. Chad here from Panjo. I am one of the members of the Panjo team. We provide technical support, dispute resolution, and general customer service for the marketplace. You can call or email anytime: [email protected] / 1-424-272-0291

I'll elaborate a bit on the details of the features kidvoltage referenced.

1) When you create a listing, the marketplace assumes you are selling one (1) of something. There is an option, under the "advanced options" section of the listing creation form that allows you to indicate that you are selling more than one thing. If you enter a number in the quantity field, every time you get a sale, the number remaining will decrease by one. When the final item sells, then listing will flip to "sold out" mode and no further buyers will be able to purchase.

2) When you submit a price for your item in the "item price" field, there is a check box next to that option that reads, "or best offer." If you check the "or best offer" box, your listing will get a link below the price that reads, "or best offer." If a prospective buyer clicks on that link, then the buyer will get an opportunity to send you, the seller, a message. Let's say you listed an item for $100. A buyer submits an offer to you "Will you take $75 shipped?" As a seller, you can use the system to send a personalized check out page to that one buyer. The marketplace and thread post will continue to reflect your original price. But, the buyer with whom you negotiated, will have a personalized link to go to a checkout page to buy the listing at a lower price. Let's say a new buyer comes along and before the buyer who negotiated a lower price gets to check out, the new buyer purchases the item from the marketplace for $100, then that full price buyer will successfully complete the transaction and the buyer who wanted the item for $75 will arrive at a page that says the item is no longer available. Here the system sides with the first buyer to successfully complete a transaction and the seller who presumably wants to sell the item at a higher price. As far as our records indicate, that scenario has never unfolded. Either sellers list hot items at good prices and they sell quickly or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Hundo View Post
                          So this part is a pity for sellers, selling multiple cars you have to ask the same price for all and manipulate it somehow someway to get individual prices? I like K.I.S.S.
                          No doubt, if you have 40 cars to sell, creating 40 listings is more work than creating one thread post with a photo of 40 cars. However, in our experience you save time in the end. Instead of dealing with 100s of thread posts from buyers trying to track which cars are and are not available and instead of a buyer passing you by because he doesn't want to do that, you now have 40 listings that automatically update when the item sells. Your sell through rate increases. When a sale occurs, you get an email that member x bought car y for $z. If a buyer sees a car he likes, he can buy it and you get an instant payment and the shipping info. In the case of 40 sales, the subsequent administrative work of tracking, payment collection, and fulfillment is MUCH easier.

Comment

I am not runnig this like a Business this is my Business.

So this part is a pita for sellers, selling multiple cars you have to ask the same price for all and manipulate it somehow someway to get individual prices? I like K.I.S.S.

This is a great "forum" for slot info. There's nothing wrong with running it like a business like you guys do. Not wanting ebay listings posted, not having advertisers posting such or links posted from other sites. Pretty rigid rules compared to other "sites/forums" which is your choice. There may be no fee to sci now but it's coming, which again is ok, just do it now, and not do it 30-60 days later.
                            SCI is part of Scaleracing LLC an Import and Distribution Company, my Business.
                            Also part of that Business is www.132slotcar.us a Business with a Real Location.

This is a Business not my Hobby, and as such I chose to give SCI for free to Private Members to help grow the hobby I love, but am also trying to grow as an Industry.
                            it is the Industry that give all of us the Hobby not the other way round.

I know there are Sites out there that are all about the Hobby and care nothing about the Manufacturers, Distributors and Retailers that keep this hobby alive. SCI is not like that we care about Stores, Track, Clubs and want to keep this alive, of course with your support as hobbyists, racers, customers enthusiasts.

I have always thought those who appreciate what I am giving for free may see their way to supporting me with Articles, help, showing the Hobby in their Communities etc. Some do a tremendous amount of that thank you all who want this hobby to grow like I do.

Some support my Store and other Advertisers and again I deeply appreciate that, it helps pay the bills.

Right now selling on SCI will remain free, right now. Yes after 11 years of spending I might consider asking for a little back, but not now, not in 30-60 days.
                            I have never asked for anything from Forum Members except follow the Forum rules. OK I have asked from day one for articles to show others how you are enjoying the Hobby, reviews about cars that are not bought by free samples but not much has come back, oh well!!

I would like to keep the SCI Buy/Sell free but I would like to see members support me a little more we will see if that happens.

Thank you all who appreciate my efforts and those who also help out on SCI. Thanks to Monte, and Panjo for offering what looks like a good solution to prevent the problems of the last few years.
                            Thanks to all who get it, yes SCI is a Business one that care passionately about this Industry and Hobby.

Hope to see you all here, I am sure we can make this a better place together.

Last edited by Scaleracing; 05-13-2014, 11:42 AM.
                            Alan Smith
                            SCI Owner.
                            www.scaleracing.com
                            www.slotcarillustrated.com
                            www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
                            www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Originally posted by Hundo View Post

This is simply not true of the forum industry.

Most start out as hobby related and then end up being sold to corporations... which have very specific terms of service on forum conduct.

While the moderators may not always enforce the policy... I can tell you that a business who pays a forum operator $25,000 - $100,000k or more for his forum... isn't going to let a bunch of people post ads to non related forums and drive traffic away.

If people are coming here to commercially unload new slot cars right under his nose... I'd be bent if I was him. What it tells me is that he's got one of the top sources for captive slot car audiences... which is great. Weed those folks out I guess.
                              Last edited by Bandito; 05-13-2014, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Ten or 15 years ago motorcycle forums were bought up from individuals and ran as a business as it should be, so I've seen what you're talking about.

We all do things for reasons and normally to benefit ones own interest, and rightfully so. If a buy/sell section is going to take up time and effort to run by the site then there should be a fee charged. Why wait 6 months or a year to add a sci fee? I guess adding a fee later will make the initial change less painful

Having panjo on here gets their exposure as I have never heard of them before. I clicked on one sale link and saw that the page shows thousands of ads for sale, from r/c cars and other hobbies from other sites.

Originally posted by Bandito View Post
                                This is simply not true of the forum industry.

Most start out as hobby related and then end up being sold to corporations... which have very specific terms of service on forum conduct.

While the moderators may not always enforce the policy... I can tell you that a business who pays a forum operator $25,000 - $100,000k or more for his forum... isn't going to let a bunch of people post ads to non related forums and drive traffic away.

If people are coming here to commercially unload new slot cars right under his nose... I'd be bent if I was him. What it tells me is that he's got one of the top sources for captive slot car audiences... which is great. Weed those folks out I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X