Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wanted to say that this is one of the best things that ever happen it is so easy to post cars and it protects both the buyer and seller. It also expands this hobby to more people outside SCI which in turns generates more business for all. With that said great job Alan and your SCI staff. Thank you Mario

Comment

Does it offer any more protection than say Paypal if the seller and buyer make the sale in private through PM's than openly in the forum as it seems to be what is going on a lot here. I see things posted for sale and then SOLD appears in the heading without any posts in the thread. Are buyers just hitting the buy it now button or are certain people just circumventing the system as usual?
      Just curious....
      UW

Comment

Are you certain that it's 'just curious'ity?

I know. You should post those questions in the threads of all those cars that have been sold. Wonder how many of those people will simply reply: NOT YOUR BUSINESS!

Comment

I know that I am "guilty" of just hitting the "Buy it now" button without replying in the forum first or after... Without needing a "time stamp" as to who "committed" to the item first, I wouldn't think that there would be any need to post anything to the forum if you click the "Buy it now" button - but maybe that is just me?

Comment

replying on the forum first imo doesnt get you the item as someone else can hit the buy it button as you are posting and then you are screwed. ive used it once and posted i wanted it saying ill pay when i get home.... after thinking about it i figured someone else could buy it from under me so i hit the buy now button.

Comment

Originally posted by monquispot View Post
              Are you certain that it's 'just curious'ity?

I know. You should post those questions in the threads of all those cars that have been sold. Wonder how many of those people will simply reply: NOT YOUR BUSINESS!
              Made me smile.

Comment

The first clicker of the Buy It Now button will be the owner. Don't bother posting in the forum UNLESS you have a question and in that case a PM or direct email might be better and faster. The only priority is made by who pushes the button first.

One of the benefits is that the seller will be notified of a purchase as it occurs so as a seller there's no need to troll the forum to see if something just sold.

If you intend to buy, your best choice is to click the buy button.

A quick overview is great as well
                Last edited by kidvoltage; 05-19-2014, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by urbanwarrior View Post
                  Does it offer any more protection than say Paypal if the seller and buyer make the sale in private through PM's than openly in the forum as it seems to be what is going on a lot here. I see things posted for sale and then SOLD appears in the heading without any posts in the thread. Are buyers just hitting the buy it now button or are certain people just circumventing the system as usual?
                  Just curious....
                  UW
                  Buyers are just hitting the buy it now button. When a buyer completes a transaction, the marketplace automatically updates the thread post with "- SOLD" at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by mab0707 View Post
                    I just wanted to say that this is one of the best things that ever happen it is so easy to post cars and it protects both the buyer and seller. It also expands this hobby to more people outside SCI which in turns generates more business for all. With that said great job Alan and your SCI staff. Thank you Mario
                    Mario - Thanks for these kind words. I forwarded your remarks to the team that develops and supports the marketplace.

Comment

• Well I guess I'll just shut up and keep my opinions to myself.

Comment

• Available Payment methods

I just tried to purchase an item using this system. When I completed the Panjo forms and was sent to PayPal to complete the transaction, the only method of payment accepted was using my credit card to fund the payment. I really wanted to fund the payment through my bank account.

I called PayPal to see if there was a problem. They indicated that my account was OK . They could think of no logical reason why I was not allowed to fund this particular purchase with my bank account and not the credit card. I then e-mailed Panjo to request an explanation. It seems they are closed on weekends so they don't answer the phone.

Until I get a straight answer to this question I will not be willing to use this avenue to purchase items.

Too Bad -- I really like this marketplace.
                        Last edited by jrlang40; 05-24-2014, 07:11 AM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

• Originally posted by jrlang40 View Post
                          I just tried to purchase an item using this system. When I completed the Panjo forms and was sent to PayPal to complete the transaction, the only method of payment accepted was using my credit card to fund the payment. I really wanted to fund the payment through my bank account.

I called PayPal to see if there was a problem. They indicated that my account was OK . They could think of no logical reason why I was not allowed to fund this particular purchase with my bank account and not the credit card. I then e-mailed Panjo to request an explanation. It seems they are closed on weekends so they don't answer the phone.

Until I get a straight answer to this question I will not be willing to use this avenue to purchase items.

Too Bad -- I really like this marketplace.
                          Thanks for reporting this here and for emailing the support team with the same. As we noted in email...

The best pay to pay with a bank balance is to first transfer funds from your bank account to your PayPal account and then purchase the item with your PayPal balance.

Why do you have to do it this way? Because delays in the banking systems prevent the seller from receiving payment right away in the case you try to pay via PayPal with your bank account and you have a PayPal balance less than the purchase price. Such a scenario results in a variety of situations that jeopardize protections for both buyer and seller.

In particular - bank balances over drawn, sellers without full payment, buyers without full refund protection, and many more.

Thanks for asking. Sorry about the extra step. We are just working to maximize protections for both buyer and seller.

Comment

• Don't agree. You could run into the same problems with a credit card.

Comment

• Credit Cards offer a certain amount of guarantee to the vendor that your bank account doesn't

Your bank account only protects you.

Comment

• I have some quick questions:

1) Where is the link to get into the new market place from within SCI?
                                or do I have to go to Pango.com ?

2) Do I need to make a new listing if I am want to sell multiple items with different prices for each item? - or how does Panjo handle that? Let's say I want parts and cars I would like to sell.

Comment

Working...
                                X