Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New offer system and communication tools for your marketplace!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi to Mayberryman & Fred Fries.

Thanks for your comments.

Unless I'm mistaken (and I'm just working from memory without bothering to research threads and posts), Mayberryman previously stated that he's never used Panjo anyway.

As for Fred Fries, I'm sorry that you post so infrequently here these days, you were always a positive and enthusiastic presence on SCI, and it's our loss that you're not inclined to contribute these days the way you did before.

I mean this sincerely, guys. I hope that if you're inclined to provide something useful to other slotsters in future here on SCI, you'll do so. Don't know what else I can add to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post

Anybody got any better ideas (and please don't bother saying SCI should go back to the 'old way' because that can't happen) on how to make things better?
      There is hope ??
      If we spent our time and typing skills to come up with ways to have trouble free buy sell forum,Panjo could end ?
      Let's get started.
      1.Define the problems the old system had so we don't have a repeat.
      2.Identify who/what caused a fun and successful system require change.

Any ideas ?

Comment

Hi to Mayberryman & Fred Fries.

Thanks for your comments.

Unless I'm mistaken (and I'm just working from memory without bothering to research threads and posts), Mayberryman previously stated that he's never used Panjo anyway.

As for Fred Fries, I'm sorry that you post so infrequently here these days, you were always a positive and enthusiastic presence on SCI, and it's our loss that you're not inclined to contribute these days the way you did before.

I mean this sincerely, guys. I hope that if you're inclined to provide something useful to other slotsters in future here on SCI, you'll do so. Don't know what else I can add to that.

Sir, in respect to me, your quote was close but not completely correct. I did state that I would not use PANJO but I have had the misfortune to use it on another site not slot car related and formed that opinion. I did not mean to offend, slander or in any way cast aspersions on anybody or anything. I will take your lead and never make any comment on something I have stated I do not use.

Comment

Yep. That is me. Really stinks. I love the site but I know my drive to enter was the email I got each night of new items listed. I then would wander through the other posts and converse. Now I rarely get on. The Panjo process and fees are ridiculous. Half the time the posts don't work to start a sale thread or you can't use the payment option you wanted to when buying. Done with Panjo!

Comment

Nevermind
            Last edited by arizona_lew; 03-12-2017, 05:25 PM. Reason: No responses

Comment

Where are the Carrera Digital 132 SELLERS!

Four years ago I joined this site. Over the next two years I used this site to BUY over 75% of my 64ft track to extend my original set.

After a 2 year dormancy of my track I am back in the swing of things. Looking for used D132 pieces and parts for expansion and possibly building an additional layout.

Appears the Panjo solution is not working out for existing sellers and buyers trying.

Miss the ability to make those impulsive buys and immediate needs. Amazon and Ebay are way to expensive. Online classifieds just are not producing any stock. If I want a new car I will purchase from an online dealer.

Wish I had an alternative recommendation to Panjo, but I do not.

Are there other slot sites that have active sellers posting? Hate to take away from what SCI offers, but the Marketplace used to be awesome.

Only thing keeping me here now is the Carrera and Yingling forums.

Got money burning a hole in my pocket.

TRU

Comment

If you're looking for track, why not try a WTB Thread in the Swap Meet?

Comment

If you're looking for track, why not try a WTB Thread in the Swap Meet?
                  I did post on panjo at WTB that currently shows 12 views. 6 are probably from me:-( I think it has been there for at least a month.

I guess where the problem on my end lies, is the convoluted methods to get things posted.

From what I have read from others, not user or financially friendly for anybody.

As a buyer, there used to be daily posts of new stuff. Today, not so much. I rarely if ever had to post a WTB. I found my needs and occasionally bought some wants as well.

And woulldn't a WTB break rules posting in Swap. "Technically" you are crossing into that gray area.

I guess I am just saying that there was all kinds of opportunities to buy a couple years ago from this forum at reasonable costs. Now it seems like you might get lucky if you look everyday.

Just saying...

Comment

I've not been a fan of Panjo in any sense and I dislike it even more now. I reluctantly used it to buy two cars and after roughly two weeks of holding my payment for whatever inane reason saw fit to cancel my purchases. Yes, it refunded my my money but I still want the cars and the owner still wants to sell them to me. Now we're battling with the SCI messaging system where it says you have a message then when you open it, it is blank so you have to resend and hope it works. Buying and selling has always been a huge part of this hobby so once again please get rid of the absolutely crappy system you have now and hopefully bring this once great site back to the fore.

Comment

Originally posted by Tangmere222 View Post
                      please get rid of the absolutely crappy system you have now and hopefully bring this once great site back to the fore.
                      Agreed. When I first became a member here I was buying often. I have tried to go into a Panjo a couple times. Very discouraging. I have completely lost interest. Can't recall how the system was set up before as I took a 2 year break from slots. But, I know it was easy and welcoming.

TRU

Comment

Originally posted by Tangmere222 View Post
                        I still want the cars and the owner still wants to sell them to me. Now we're battling with the SCI messaging system where it says you have a message then when you open it, it is blank so you have to resend and hope it works.
                        I'm a bit puzzled by this - is the problem that you're creating a PM, and (unbeknownst to you) the Cloudflare thing has timed out, so that it doesn't 'stick', so to speak?

Members having this problem are urged to copy/block their text (Crtl + A works) before submitting or previewing so you don't lose what you wrote, as you can still paste (Crtl + V works if you used the A thing).

There's also SCI email.

If you're still really stuck, and both you and the seller are amenable, I'll intercede via personal email. Sorry about all the hassles.

Comment

Working...
                        X