Deliver from Cincy Slots NEW TRACK BUILD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deliver from Cincy Slots NEW TRACK BUILD

Received a wonderful delivery from Cincy! Hats off to Cincy for packing with such care!! Perhaps Bruce could give Amazon some pointers on how to pack!

Building a track for a buddy after he raced on my track for only 2 hours! He has been bitten by the bug!

[IMG][/IMG]

Now I am working on some possible layouts with the original box set and some extra track. Little challenging on the layout since I am loaded with straights and 1/60 curves. Bought some 1/3 and 1/4 straights to close those possible small gaps.

Feel free to share comments on layout options. If you have any spare curves you are looking to unload for a reasonable price PM me.

Boxed Set

Boxed Set expanded with Pit and Righ Lane Change

8x8 Layout: I talked him out of this. Thought he might get bored and frustrated with all the curves and lack of longer straight.

Going to go the layout software one more time after seeing what else I can offer with my spare track. Again... those with spare curves for reasonable price PM me.

TRU

I like the middle track.

Comment

What a mensch!

Comment

Take that bottom layout and add in those 4 straights or you'll be having a devil of a time getting into the pit lane. Same thing with the middle layout.

Outside borders for the curves or traction magnets?

Comment

Originally posted by kidvoltage View Post
          Take that bottom layout and add in those 4 straights or you'll be having a devil of a time getting into the pit lane. Same thing with the middle layout.

We have scrapped the 8x8 layout idea. Justed wanted to show how it was too compact. He wanted to start with that footprint. But I have made him realize it is just too small to have fun with the Pit and Bruce's HSSRMS.

Now that that he has committed to 8x12 i wll see what the extra track can do with #3. Will reassess #2.

Thanks!

Comment

I'm glad you're happy with your purchase. I agree with the kid. You want at least 1 straight before the pit if not 2. This track is 16X8.8. Maybe you can remove some straights??

Comment

Also a great example of a track with an outside loop that LOOKS like a track with an inside loop. For those wondering, it's not about WHERE the loop is, but whether the loop creates more disparity between lanes, or evens them out. An outside loop is like a figure-8, even when it's folded back in on itself.

Comment

Originally posted by CincySlots View Post
                I'm glad you're happy with your purchase. I agree with the kid. You want at least 1 straight before the pit if not 2. This track is 16X8.8. Maybe you can remove some straights??

Now that is amazing. How do you get in their for deslots? Image looks wall to wall.

Comment

Originally posted by kidvoltage View Post

Okay.. think Im going to go with this. For a beginner gives him the fun of the speed on the straights. Fun with lane changes and pit. Force a little skill on the curves. Good start before he invests in more track to get creative with curves.

TRU

Comment

looks good. could you put the pit at the top? The longer the pit the better. It will allow for more cars. With 6 racers there's a good chance that multiple cars will be in at the same time.

Bruce

Comment

You have room to add one more (single lane) straight to the pit lane without moving anything. That is probably a good idea at a minimum.

Also, I would recommend moving the 1/3 straight (in top left corner) to BEFORE the lane changer instead of after it - just to give drivers more time to catch the lane change if they want it.

Comment

and move the 2nd row lane changer to the left to allow the cars to straighten up before they attempt to change lanes.

Bruce

Comment

Excellent advice gentlemen. Will set it up as recommended and let my buddy invest in additional single lane track.
                          Last edited by truwebs; 04-17-2018, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Should be a fun starter track. Wish my first track started this way.

Comment

that looks much better. I would still move the double lane changer in the 2nd row 1-2 track pieces to the left. Just my $.02.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
                              X