Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revised Carrera Tow Truck with 5 unique sounds.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revised Carrera Tow Truck with 5 unique sounds.

This came out yesterday. Carrera has revised their tow truck. You now have 5 sounds to choose from. The weird thing is each sound is for a specific controller ID. So to get the sounds for control ID 5, you'll need the extension box. I may be wrong but that's what it seems like under a quick test we did here. Below is a video of the 5 sounds. It is activated by the lane changer.

[YOUTUBE]/DHDP-gWjVKI[/YOUTUBE]
    Last edited by CincySlots; 05-10-2018, 10:25 AM.

I had seen the different part# a while back and was curious what the difference from the original would be. I wonder if that chip/speaker would fit in a cop car [I opened my tow truck up when I got it and the speaker is pretty big]. I wouldn't mind having a siren in mine.
    Thanks for posting,
    Randy

Comment

yeah, if I remember right, the speaker is pretty big.

Bruce

Comment

It would be interesting to know why they just didn't go this route with the first truck. Perhaps they didn't think it was going to as popular.

Comment

That's a good point. I think all the trucks will do well. Even though it was a limited edition, the tanker was very popular. Just think if they brought out a track duster truck!

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by 32lbKING View Post
            I had seen the different part# a while back and was curious what the difference from the original would be. I wonder if that chip/speaker would fit in a cop car [I opened my tow truck up when I got it and the speaker is pretty big]. I wouldn't mind having a siren in mine.
            Thanks for posting,
            Randy
            What are the two different part numbers? With/Without speaker and sounds?

Comment

30776, I think this has a horn.
              30867 5 sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by CincySlots View Post
                That's a good point. I think all the trucks will do well. Even though it was a limited edition, the tanker was very popular. Just think if they brought out a track duster truck!

Bruce
                Track cleaning is where I thought they were going. A track cleaner would be HUGE and that truck is a great platform for it.

Comment

Just spitballin' here. My grandkids [like all kids] love noise. This would probably drive the adults nuts, but think about this for a minute... IROC , 4-6 tow trucks, each would be programmed to a different ID so each would have a different siren/sound. And you know every kid would be hitting that sound/LC button all the time Oh the humanity

Comment

Originally posted by 32lbKING View Post
                    Just spitballin' here. My grandkids [like all kids] love noise. This would probably drive the adults nuts, but think about this for a minute... IROC , 4-6 tow trucks, each would be programmed to a different ID so each would have a different siren/sound. And you know every kid would be hitting that sound/LC button all the time Oh the humanity
                    That's exactly what my niece and nephew would be doing talk about a race full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Comment

Working...
                    X