Portable track for exhibitions and shows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable track for exhibitions and shows

I decided to post this here because I think Ron and Pete have some sort of portable layout and Race Haven may benefit from this.

Every Wednesday and Saturday at 7:00 the local strip mall, Applewood Plaza, has an old-style "show and shine" (which they call a "cruise night") in the parking lot. I haven't been down there in quite some time, but dropped in briefly last night. Wow, has this thing grown! Some amazing cars, and the non-show section of the parking lot was full.

Afterwards, I got thinking this would be a great place to set up a portable slot car track. There's all sorts of car, motorcycle and motorsports enthusiasts, and they all live somewhere around the area (Cawthra and the QEW in Mississauga, Ontario).

This site has some photos:

http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122183

Randy

An Excellent idea Randy!

We are working on a 4 Lane 20x5 Wood Track for the Hobby Show.

I think it may see some use before then.

I am going to look into it.

Thanks for the Heads up, I have not been to that Cruise in quite some time. I will go check it out this Wed coming up.

Ron
    Race Haven Hobbies
    www.racehavenhobbies.com

Comment

A bunch of us would head out from Scarborough in a convoy with our Muscle and Pro Street cars to check out the cruise at California's ( great chicken wings ! ) I think this cruise has been going on for over 25 years ! It would be a great place for a portable track

Comment

Working...
      X