Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Wood Track

Hi Guys,

All done, Up and Running!!!! Built it in a week. If anyone is interested, this one is for sale after the Hobby Show next weekend. It turned out Really Nice! Peter and I are getting pretty good at this stuff.

If you want a Custom Routed track of your own design, Race Haven Hobbies would be more than happy to help in any way or even Build it for you. Ask us for a quote, Wood Tracks are not as much as you think!

Come on down to the International Center to Race on the Baby FREE all weekend Long. No Car? No Problem! We will be bringing lots of cars for anyone to try out.

See you all next weekend (Nov5-7th) at the 2010 Toronto International Hobby Show.

Ron
    Race Haven Hobbies
    www.racehavenhobbies.com

I am leaving soon to try it out.

Comment

Quick hide the controllers........Looks good Ron.

Comment

You should do a video on how you get that out of the store and to the International Centre!

Look forward to running on it next weekend.

Comment

It breaks down to 3 5x8' pieces. I bet I can tear it down and set it up again with one helper in less than 30 minutes.

Ron
          Race Haven Hobbies
          www.racehavenhobbies.com

Comment

Any plans for an HO wood set-up?? I had to ask!

Comment

Not as of right now.

As far as I know routing a HO Wood Track is a bit more difficult. 3 slots for every one, and depth is Super Crucial!

If you want a portable 1/32 Wood track, let me know, easy stuff!

Ron
              Race Haven Hobbies
              www.racehavenhobbies.com

Comment

Has anyone routed a non-magnetic one? Using braids (like 1/32) instead of wire for the rails? Just wondering how some of the magnet cars woulds perform on something like this. Even the T-jets that have virtually no magnetic strength with some good tires might be neat to drive on something like this. Just curious!

Comment

Connections?

Ron,

Since it is portable and breaks into three parts, how did you manage the electrical connections to each sections, what sort of connectors or sockets did you use?

Comment

Hi Jim,

No "connector sockets". To be honest I just wrap the copper tape down and under the face of the MDF. The Pieces are taped separate. When I bolt them together and snug the bolts, the copper tape touches and it is perfect. If I do have a small gap, I go from underneath and tape a piece of braid across the copper tape.

Easy.

Ron
                    Race Haven Hobbies
                    www.rachavenhobbies.com

Comment

Working...
                    X