The 1/24 Scale RHH F40LM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 1/24 Scale RHH F40LM

Just a quick taste..............many more pics to come......

Ron
    Race Haven Hobbies
    www.racehavenhobbies.com

I got some more done on the wheels. Aluminum centerlock wheel nuts are pretty trick!

Might be a little tough to see but I did belts for the driver and the photo etch shifter gate is super cool.

Here is the interior out of the car.

I might get onto the body this weekend. So far I have spent all my time on the interior and wheels...............par for the course on one of my builds.

Ron
    Race Haven Hobbies
    www.racehavenhobbies.com
    Last edited by Pro Stock; 12-04-2013, 11:26 AM.

Comment

I got some work done on the diffuser. Still needs to be fit properly but I am happy so far. It is a little tough to see because of the white styrene and white build board but you get the idea......

Ron
      Race Haven Hobbies
      www.racehavenhobbies.com

Comment

Beautiful Ronnie! It's like watching an artist at work

Comment

Thanks Steve! I got a little more done today......or re-done shall I say. After trying to sell myself on the brakes I did I finally tore them out and started again. Now I have a brilliant formula.

Here is the wheels from the model kit cut down using a drill and a razor blade as a lathe.

If you take your time you can get the exact fit.......then I sand them down from the backside until they are low enough profile to sink into the rim. If you open up the center hole it makes a lot of stuff easier, and as a bonus nothing has to be mounted permanently with show goo or silicone. Thus they can be used again when the foam tires wear out.

Then I take the stock Scaleauto brake discs and sand them down until the caliper falls off. Clean up the edges and glue the caliper to a photo etched brake disc. Then I make some small spacers out of aluminum tubing and glue them to the discs to create a standoff so the disc sits in the wheel straight. If you don't do the spacer the caliper often hit the spokes and wobble when the wheels spin.

Glue the wheel insert to the spacer and there you have some reusable inserts with awesome brakes.

Now onto the wheel nuts. I sourced a set of Aluminum wheel nuts on the intraweb. The Shiny part of the assembly is a 3mm Hollow axle for slot cars. I found a piece of brass the was a decent fit inside the axle. Then I chucked up the piece of brass in the drill and spun the against a sanding drum on a dremel until the end slipped through the wheel nut. Now you have gold hollow axles with alloy centerlock wheel nuts.

Slip them into the axles on the car and there you have it.......

and I got a little more done on the diffuser.......made some flat styrene to border the back vertical edge of the diffuser. Still needs filling and sanding.

More this week................stay tuned.

Ron
          Race Haven Hobbies
          www.racehavenhobbies.com
          Last edited by Pro Stock; 12-07-2013, 06:59 PM.

Comment

and the BRM Mclaren got some new wheels too..............

I broke the antenna off taking it out of the showcase and it makes me crazy now........

Ron
            Race Haven Hobbies
            www.racehavenhobbies.com

Comment

a better shot......the BBS decals were a pain.

Ron
              Race Haven Hobbies
              www.racehavenhobbies.com

Comment

The F40 is one of my abs favorite rides! Your work and attention to detail are outstanding. It would simply be wrong not to let you know that. By all means keep it up. The other ride/post is also outstanding! One day I want to get into this side of things.

Thanks for sharing!

M

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Maltese. The F40 might be my favorite car ever made.

I got a little more done on the engine bay today. I will post some pics tomorrow or Friday.

Ron
                  Race Haven Hobbies
                  www.racehavenhobbies.com
                  Last edited by Pro Stock; 12-12-2013, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Hey Ron with a little more work you could make the inserts into SPINNERS!!!!

Tim

Comment

Spinners? What are these spinners you speak of?

Here are some shots of the interior and engine bay...........almost done.

I got the body primed today too........should be in White by the end of the weekend.

Ron
                      Race Haven Hobbies
                      www.racehavenhobbies.com

Comment

Big car guy like you, i would have thought that you would get some Spinners for your van.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P29docmIig4"]Escalade with 24" wheels spinners - YouTube[/ame]

Hope i didn't let the Christmas gift out of the box...

Tim

Comment

Ron

That looks impressive, the detail is amazingNow I really have my work cut out for me

Looking forward to the finished car

Cheers
                          Darren

Comment

ah yes Timmy. Popular with the Gangster Rap Folk. Fancy.

I prefer Speedlines.........

Ron

Comment

Hi Darren,

The mid engine is a blessing and a thorn. I feel like I have to try to do it justice. I am glad I have a Porsche 964 up next. Easy stuff compared to this.

I look forward to seeing more of your Mclaren build as well. I went through my kit and there is tons of stuff there to use. The Body is immaculate as well. Fujimi does really nice work.

Have Fun!

Ron
                              Race Haven Hobbies
                              www.racehavenhobbies.com

Comment

Working...
                              X