Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scaleracing date

Hi Ricky,
    I want to make sure that the date of October 10-13 is firm so I can request some days off to participate. ~Ron K

Spoke with Ricky, these dates are confirmed. Oct 10th -13th.

These dates Oct 10th - 12th are confirmed, we will announce schedule and other information ASAP but these dates are confirmed.

We will be running Arrow, Avant Slot, BRM, Slot.it and Scaleauto races.
    Last edited by Scaleracing; 09-19-2013, 06:58 PM. Reason: Edoited as no racing on Sunday this year.
    Alan Smith
    SCI Owner.
    www.scaleracing.com
    www.slotcarillustrated.com
    www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

race dates

Thanks Alan, Just checking to make sure you and Ricky are on the same page. I have one of every car except for Arrow. ~Ron

Comment

Arrow

They are in stock. I have red and yellow.

Comment

Any update on the schedule and what specific cars are being raced for these dates yet?

Comment

Nationals are in danger of being cancelled

Due to a poor commitment from racers, we can not afford to bring Alan out and host this race this year. Expenses are around $3,000.00 for this event and that is not covered by the entry fees. Some of the weekly fees were also used to fund this. Due to the fact that some did not like the rules and thought that they should be allowed to do what they wanted and also not know how to act in public, to the point that vistors would not join because of the arguing about everything. Some felt it better to stay away and race on a home track. They went so low as to race on the same night as our league racing and invite other racers. If you are not man enough to follow rules or able to commet to a world class event, we will be forced to cancel. The hobby can not grow when people act like this. If you want to race in this event, you must post your commitment to what you want to race on here by Friday. Without interest in this, we will cancel the event for this year.

Comment

Sorry the race will not happen.
              Last edited by snorkel54; 09-16-2013, 08:49 PM. Reason: Never Mind, Racewear just answered

Comment

Originally posted by race-wear View Post
                ...If you want to race in this event, you must post your commitment to what you want to race on here by Friday. Without interest in this, we will cancel the event for this year.
                I'm planning on racing at the Wood Track Nationals at Race Wear if it's still going on. Specifically interested in Scale Auto 1/24 and BRM. I know of at least 2 NJ racers who plan to come for these classes as well. I'm guessing we'd only be able to make the Saturday races though. Hoping the event still goes on.

Comment

Race is not canceled yet

While the Event has not seen many entry requests, I am still committed to holding it if people want to come.
                  We would want to do Friday night, Sat and maybe some Sprints on Sunday. But primarily we need committed racers.
                  Classes that could still be run are BRM and Scaleauto 1:24 Sprints and possibly short Team Races. Plus 1:32 scale LMP Open, yes open to all scale 1:32 LMP Cars no motor limit as long as in a plastic chassis car.
                  Slot.it Group C and a Megane Race.

BUT this can only happen if a decent amount of people can attend, otherwise to fly in and Host the Event and take up the Race Wear Tracks for 3 days is not financially viable.

SO it is up to the Racers in the NE, in particular Ricky's group. Do you want to attend this race, or should Ricky cancel for this year.
                  Alan Smith
                  SCI Owner.
                  www.scaleracing.com
                  www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Originally posted by race-wear View Post
                    Due to a poor commitment from racers, we can not afford to bring Alan out and host this race this year. Expenses are around $3,000.00 for this event and that is not covered by the entry fees. Some of the weekly fees were also used to fund this. Due to the fact that some did not like the rules and thought that they should be allowed to do what they wanted and also not know how to act in public, to the point that vistors would not join because of the arguing about everything. Some felt it better to stay away and race on a home track. They went so low as to race on the same night as our league racing and invite other racers. If you are not man enough to follow rules or able to commet to a world class event, we will be forced to cancel. The hobby can not grow when people act like this. If you want to race in this event, you must post your commitment to what you want to race on here by Friday. Without interest in this, we will cancel the event for this year.
                    Ricky,
                    It is your store. Therefore you should make and enforce the rules. If someone wants to be disruptive, disrespectful or have a general disregard for the other racers, marshal's etc. and the rules, then invite them to leave that day. Welcome them back another day with no hard feelings, if their behavior continues, invite them to leave for good. IMO you should in no way be taking any nonsense from anyone because you are providing a valuable service to the slot car hobby and its participants. one bad apple doesn't necessarily have to spoil the bunch but you need to remove that apple. I wish you luck with getting the racing back on track in a positive direction and I hope to be able to attend some racing again myself.

Comment

Race is on, that is Official!!!! Oct 10th - 12th.

Back by popular demand, and thanks to the efforts of many on SCI

See this thread for more info: http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...682#post773682
                      Alan Smith
                      SCI Owner.
                      www.scaleracing.com
                      www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Working...
                      X