Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am glad you decided to race.

Originally posted by snorkel54 View Post
    I will pay $50 to support the event and watch, but may be a noob too shy to race. Happy to send PP now if you want.

Clausen
    I am glad you decided to race. I hope you had fun. I sure did...

scott

Comment

Had an excellent, excellent time! Got a chance to meet some new folks and see some old friends! Cheers to Alan (and a pint too) and Rick for hosting the event! Good to see Clausen come out and join in the fun! Next time hopefully I can get two days of racing in but Friday night was a blast! Looking forward to seeing the pics! Alan let me know when you are having something and I can jump out there and support it!

George

Comment

Posting more today on the races this weekend past.

Hi George,

Thank you for coming out, and to all the racers both Friday night and Saturday.
        I had a good time running the races, building cars, testing and tuning with some of the Racers.

Also enjoyed the friendly atmosphere, and even got to race myself which does not happen much these days. ( I know it showed )

The NINCO track is fast and challenging, and I had fun setting up cars to work well here.

Especially happy to see the LMP/GT Open Class doing well, everyone I spoke with seems to like this class.

The Arrow Saleen showed it has true potential in this class, which I was very happy with as many have overlooked this great car. Also the Radicals showed well which I was happy to see.

Any comments on this New Class are welcome, an OPEN Class has not been tried at many Events for 1:32 scale Cars.

My next Events are the LeMay this Weekend then the Scaleracing National Finals for Wood Tracks at www.132slotcar.us Nov 1st-2nd.

See you all at the RACES.
        Alan Smith
        SCI Owner.
        www.scaleracing.com
        www.slotcarillustrated.com
        www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
        www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Guys,

I had a blast racing with you both Friday night and Saturday. The racing was worth every dollar I spent! Good to meet some new faces and see some old ones. Thanks to Ricky for hosting, Alan for providing IROC cars and knowledge, Simms for lending me a car Friday night, and every one else for showing up. I enjoyed letting my BRM and Scaleauto cars stretch their legs on the large Ninco track, and I'm finally starting to get a good feel for the large tricky track. Alan you got me! The last thing I need to be thinking about during this furlough is a 917 BRM and Z4 ScaleAuto, but I can't get them off my mind, and I got to have both! Ricky place me an order for two white kits pls. As for the NJ/NY guys, hope to see you soon. Maybe we can put together a CRL NJ/NY shootout someday. Oh not to forget to thank Bob Williams for selling me the Toyota BRM. Your painted body looked beautiful going around the track!

Craig

Comment

Good racing with you guys, as always had fun, even though I've had bad luck the past few years. C'mon back up to NJ so I can transfer that bad luck to some of you guys...

Thanks Alan and Ricky for putting on the show, well done as usual.

Craig, you have a PM.

Comment

Furlough Blues

Guys
              I too am feeling the furlough blues... If anybody wants to some running in while we wait for those idiots to actually govern the country, let me know!

George

Comment

Well needless to say I had a great time at Racewear this past weekend. The event was a lot of fun and a huge success with lots of old faces and some new ones as well. It was great to race with you all. Much thanks to Alan for flying in and making this a success and to his tireless efforts helping set up everyone's cars but his own (and bringing goodies too )!! And yes he was very competitive in all classes. Thanks also to Ricky for putting on this event and racing with us as well. I look forward to the next event with all you guys. Thanks also goes out to Robert and Andre for making the trek from NJ to race with us. I don't know whether to tell you to go on a diet next time or bulk up Robert!!
                Once again thanks to all who participated and who made it happen.
                UW

Comment

Originally posted by urbanwarrior View Post
                  I don't know whether to tell you to go on a diet next time or bulk up Robert!!
                  Next time I'll slide by Biogenesis and pick up some PED's for my car. Actually I guess if it was in tech on time, it's anemic condition could've been diagnosed before the race so I could've thrown in a couple grams weight.

I hear the black motor is heavier than the purple one, I knew I should've run that one
                  Last edited by NJSLOT1_32; 10-15-2013, 01:22 PM. Reason: typos...

Comment

nope.. you don't need...

Originally posted by NJSLOT1_32 View Post

I hear the black motor is heavier than the purple one, I knew I should've run that one
                    You don't need the black motor to win with a BRM at Race Wear.. Really, you don't...

Scott

Comment

I know first hand...but was joking about the weight since my car didn't meet minimum daily requirement.

Comment

I wil be getting the race Reports up soon!!

I will be getting the Race Results and stories up as soon as I can.

Here is a link to photo's I shot, while rushing around. Some will probably be deleted, as not in focus but for now I bulk uploaded them.

http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/v-...tId=185016Once
                        Once again I saw what a great sport Robert Holt was in the BRM Sprint Final. I came first but was running a prototype of the angle winder BRM Porsche chassis so did not count. Next was Robert Holt and photo's will show him as 1st place.
                        I did tech inspection and weight on all cars on pre grid. Unfortunately Robert was late to tech as he was putting in lenses on the Toyota body, and as we were gridding the cars I failed to check the weight of his Toyota.
                        Robert ran a great race, and won on the road with a Purple ( light weight ) motor. Sadly his car when in post race tech came in 2.5 grams under minimum weight. While this was not why he won, I had to DQ his car. I felt bad, and can only say again how much I admire his response, Robert you a truly a great guy!!! More stories later.

For the record, the BRM purple motor is no lighter than the others really, but makes a great story

In my book Robert you are still
                        Alan Smith
                        SCI Owner.
                        www.scaleracing.com
                        www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Wow, bummer.... Really sorry to hear that Robert. Sooo, the third place car won? Who was that?

Scott

Comment

Actually I believe the second place car won and that was driven by Craig W. from CRL.

Comment

Actually he was third on the road.

I did declare before the race I was not running for position as my car was a prototype, so my 1st did not count, then Robert Holt but his place did not count either so third in lap counts but on the top step of the podium was Craig.
                              Alan Smith
                              SCI Owner.
                              www.scaleracing.com
                              www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Yes sir I do stand corrected. I forgot about you Alan! Boy I'm in trouble now, my slot car prices just doubled!

Comment

Working...
                                X