• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urbanwarrior
    started a topic Scaleracing Nationals Oct. 10-12, 2013

Scaleracing Nationals Oct. 10-12, 2013

Ok,
    The purpose of this thread is to express your interest in attending the Scaleracing Nationals at Racewear in Glen Burnie Maryland October 10-13, 2013. The prior mentioned scales and classes will be raced on those dates. If you have a question as to what will be raced refer to the other threads to get an idea.
    I in no way what to hear about or care about drama or dirty laundry in this thread. We are grown men playing with toy cars for Heaven's sake, lets keep that in perspective and not take ourselves too seriously.
    If you can or plan to attend at least one day then just simply post in this thread and say so. This will hopefully give Ricky and Alan a better idea of the potential turnout. Thus they can plan the event accordingly and give everyone a better idea of exactly what classes will be run on what day, and more importantly if they are even going to have the event.
    So, Gentlemen, please enter your intentions here to assist in the planning of this event.
    Thanks,
    UW
    Last edited by Scaleracing; 09-19-2013, 07:35 PM. Reason: Dates changed to Oct 10th - 12th, no racing Sunday.

• Scaleracing
    replied
    Updating the results.

Finally getting some time to update the results, hopefully I will get it all done tonight.

Leave a comment:

• carbon9
    replied
    Hey Alan

I ran a slot.it Audi.

Had a great time and a lot of fun. Sorry I couldn't make it on Sat.

Greg

Leave a comment:

• Scaleracing
    replied
    Sorry for the delays hope the images helped.

I have another Slot Car Event this weekend so struggling to find time to get everything done.
    I did get images up in the Gallery, but still need to post the Race Results.

I have a few minutes now so will post what I can.

Friday night :

Slot.it Group C

13 drivers entered this race and when the dust settled is was.

1st....Reggie Simms...........143 laps.
    2nd...Craig Washington......141 laps.
    3rd....Lovette Owens.........140 laps.
    4th....Scott Keck..............139 laps.
    5th....Alan Smith...............134 laps.
    6th....James Cook..............131 laps.
    7th....Tom Smith...............129 laps.
    8th....Greg Kellner.............124 laps.
    9th....John Yeager.............116 laps.
    10th...Bob Williams.............116 laps. * after 10 lap penalty for working on a car trackside.
    11th...Clausen Krzywicki......106 laps.
    12th...Ricky DiMarco...........101 laps.
    13th...George Felton.............99 laps.

The rules for these races are all work is done at the tech table, penalty for first offense is a 10 laps deduction from the heat where the infraction took place.

Second race Friday night was Scaleracing LMP/GT OPEN which also had 13 entries.

1st...Lovette Owens....Slot.it Lola..........153 laps.
    2nd..Alan Smith........Arrow Saleen.........146 laps.
    3rd..Reggie Simms..Slot.it Porsche GT1....145 laps. 53 sections.
    4th..Scott Keck....... Slot.it McLaren.......145 laps. 1 section.
    5th..James Cook...Scaleauto Radical........144 laps.
    6th..Tom Smith............Slot.it Lola..........143 laps.
    7th..Craig Washington..NSR Audi.............141 laps.
    8th..Bob Williams......Slot.it Audi ............138 laps.
    9th..George Felton...NSR Audi.................131 laps.
    10th.Greg Kellner......Slot.it Audi.............125 laps.
    11th.Ricky DiMarco...Scaleauto Radical.....119 laps.
    12th.John Yeager...NSR Audi...................118 laps.
    13th.Clausen Krzywicki..Scaleauto Radical..109 laps.

Saturday racing started at 12.00 midday, we had 12 racers including Andre and Robert Holt who traveled from NJ. great to see people come out for Events thanks guys.

BRM Sprints started the day, I ran a BRM angle winder prototype chassis car, which was not weight legal as well so would not count in the results. It was a good test to see how it faired against a well set up group of BRM cars both Toyota and Porsche.

1st..Alan Smith...........BRM angle winder Porsche......137 laps. DQ test car.
    2nd.Robert Holt..........BRM Toyota......Purple motor...135 laps. DQ under weight 178 grams. Minimum weight 180 grams.

After tech results.

(3rd).Craig Washington..BRM Toyota.....Gulf.................132 laps. Awarded due to Robert's underweight car.
    (4th).Lovette Owens.....BRM Porsche....Miller...............131 laps.
    (5th).Nick Angelis..........BRM Toyota....Minolta.............129 laps.
    (6th).John Yeager.........BRM Porsche...Shell................128 laps. 4th place.
    (7th).Tom Smith...........BRM Toyota....SE Dealers........126 laps. 5th place.
    (8th).PJ Mance............BRM Toyota.....Taka Q............126 laps. 6th place.
    (9th).James Cook.........BRM Porsche....Jager..............120 laps. 7th place.
    (10th).Ricky DiMarco.....BRM Porsche....Coke...............112 laps. 8th place.
    (11th).Reggie Simms.....BRM Porsche.....Sunoco...........104 laps. 9th place.
    (12th).Andre Harris.......BRM Toyota......Taka Q............95 laps. 10th place.

Next up was the Scaleauto Sprints.

1st.Reggie Simms............142 laps.
    2nd.Lovette Owens.........140 laps.
    3rd.Craig Washington.......139 laps.
    4th.Robert Holt...............136 laps.
    5th.Tom Smith................129 laps.
    6th.Alan Smith................126 laps.
    7th.John Yeager..............124 laps.
    8th.James Cook...............123 laps.
    9th.P J Mance.................117 laps.
    10th.Andre Harris..............99 laps.
    11th.Ricky DeMarco..........97 laps.
    12th.Nick Angelis..............92 laps.

Next up was the Porsche 917 IROC.

1st.Craig Washington.................134 laps.
    2nd.Reggie Simms......................133 laps.
    3rd.Lovette Owens....................133 laps.
    4th Alan Smith..........................132 laps.
    5th.Robert Holt.........................131 laps.
    6th.James Cook........................127 laps.
    7th.PJ Mance...........................127 laps.
    8th.Nick Angelis........................124 laps.
    9th.Tom Smith..........................122 laps.
    10th.John Yeager......................122 laps.
    11th.Andre Harris......................116 laps.
    12th.Ricky DiMarco....................109 laps.

Everyone had a great time with the Porsche 917's, we ran them stock on the optional race rubber tires that come with the cars.

The last race was the BRM Megane race also run on rubber tires, we used the optional soft BRM Megane tires:

1st.Craig Washington.......................131 laps.
    2nd.Alan Smith...............................130 laps.
    3rd.Reggie Simms............................128 laps.
    4th.James Cook..............................126 laps.
    5th.P J Mance................................118 laps.
    6th.Tom Smith................................117 laps.
    7th.John Yeager..............................115 laps.
    8th.Ricky DiMarco............................106 laps.
    9th.Lovette Owens...........................50 laps.

Also some of the brand info may be incorrect, please confirm if you ran a Slot.it Audi or NSR.
    Last edited by Scaleracing; 10-20-2013, 09:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• urbanwarrior
    replied
    Yes sir I do stand corrected. I forgot about you Alan! Boy I'm in trouble now, my slot car prices just doubled!

Leave a comment:

• Scaleracing
    replied
    Actually he was third on the road.

I did declare before the race I was not running for position as my car was a prototype, so my 1st did not count, then Robert Holt but his place did not count either so third in lap counts but on the top step of the podium was Craig.

Leave a comment:

• urbanwarrior
    replied
    Actually I believe the second place car won and that was driven by Craig W. from CRL.

Leave a comment:

• noddaz
    replied
    Wow, bummer.... Really sorry to hear that Robert. Sooo, the third place car won? Who was that?

Scott

Leave a comment:

• Scaleracing
    replied
    I wil be getting the race Reports up soon!!

I will be getting the Race Results and stories up as soon as I can.

Here is a link to photo's I shot, while rushing around. Some will probably be deleted, as not in focus but for now I bulk uploaded them.

http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/v-...tId=185016Once
    Once again I saw what a great sport Robert Holt was in the BRM Sprint Final. I came first but was running a prototype of the angle winder BRM Porsche chassis so did not count. Next was Robert Holt and photo's will show him as 1st place.
    I did tech inspection and weight on all cars on pre grid. Unfortunately Robert was late to tech as he was putting in lenses on the Toyota body, and as we were gridding the cars I failed to check the weight of his Toyota.
    Robert ran a great race, and won on the road with a Purple ( light weight ) motor. Sadly his car when in post race tech came in 2.5 grams under minimum weight. While this was not why he won, I had to DQ his car. I felt bad, and can only say again how much I admire his response, Robert you a truly a great guy!!! More stories later.

For the record, the BRM purple motor is no lighter than the others really, but makes a great story

In my book Robert you are still

Leave a comment:

• NJSLOT1_32
    replied
    I know first hand...but was joking about the weight since my car didn't meet minimum daily requirement.

Leave a comment:

• noddaz
    replied
    nope.. you don't need...

Originally posted by NJSLOT1_32 View Post

I hear the black motor is heavier than the purple one, I knew I should've run that one
    You don't need the black motor to win with a BRM at Race Wear.. Really, you don't...

Scott

Leave a comment:

• NJSLOT1_32
    replied
    Originally posted by urbanwarrior View Post
    I don't know whether to tell you to go on a diet next time or bulk up Robert!!
    Next time I'll slide by Biogenesis and pick up some PED's for my car. Actually I guess if it was in tech on time, it's anemic condition could've been diagnosed before the race so I could've thrown in a couple grams weight.

I hear the black motor is heavier than the purple one, I knew I should've run that one
    Last edited by NJSLOT1_32; 10-15-2013, 01:22 PM. Reason: typos...

Leave a comment:

• urbanwarrior
    replied
    Well needless to say I had a great time at Racewear this past weekend. The event was a lot of fun and a huge success with lots of old faces and some new ones as well. It was great to race with you all. Much thanks to Alan for flying in and making this a success and to his tireless efforts helping set up everyone's cars but his own (and bringing goodies too )!! And yes he was very competitive in all classes. Thanks also to Ricky for putting on this event and racing with us as well. I look forward to the next event with all you guys. Thanks also goes out to Robert and Andre for making the trek from NJ to race with us. I don't know whether to tell you to go on a diet next time or bulk up Robert!!
    Once again thanks to all who participated and who made it happen.
    UW

Leave a comment:

• Ammioz77
    replied
    Furlough Blues

Guys
    I too am feeling the furlough blues... If anybody wants to some running in while we wait for those idiots to actually govern the country, let me know!

George

Leave a comment:

• NJSLOT1_32
    replied
    Good racing with you guys, as always had fun, even though I've had bad luck the past few years. C'mon back up to NJ so I can transfer that bad luck to some of you guys...

Thanks Alan and Ricky for putting on the show, well done as usual.

Craig, you have a PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X