Modern GT races at Racewear March 18th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern GT races at Racewear March 18th

Multi class racing, 2 in each race. Think of GT3 and GTD cars running at the same time.
    Analog, no magnet, urethane or rubber tires, no foam or silicone tires
    $15 both races, $10 for one race
    More complete rules will be available but here are the basics.
    Doors open at 10am
    Racing starts at noon on 6 lane Ninco track

Race #1 1/24 Scaleauto Modern GT 025/026 motor and standard gearing and 1/24 Carrera Modern GT with RMS motor.

Race #2 1/32 Modern GT, any make, chassis, motor, gearing and 1/32 Modern GT Carrera stock motor and gearing.
    ~Ron

Rick, do you have controller adaptors? I have a Slot.it controller with the three prong plug.

Would I be able to race a Plafit chassis hardbody car in 1/24th?
    Last edited by rixvette; 03-07-2017, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Hi Rick,
      Ricky will have to answer the question regarding adapter. Regarding the plafit does it have a modern GT body? If it does you can run it but you wouldn't be eligible for a trophy. It would be an exhibition car. For 1/24 the only legal chassis are Scaleauto and Carrera. ~Ron

Comment

I have a C6 Corvette body on it at the moment. I'll run a few practice laps to see how it performs. I can run the Carrera. I'm curious to see how the RMS motor performs on a big track. The 1/32 Carreras are good to go.

Comment

Sounds like a good plan. See my comments on Carrera guides on IHSR. ~Ron

Comment

Adapter

Originally posted by rixvette View Post
            Rick, do you have controller adaptors? I have a Slot.it controller with the three prong plug.

Would I be able to race a Plafit chassis hardbody car in 1/24th?
            I have an adapter for my hammer controller with a round 3 prong plug. Not sure if its what you need.

Comment

Hi Ricky,
              I played with the pclapcounter and still need training to run races. I ran a simulated 5 minute races with 6 drivers. It seemed to work ok except between heats it doesn't do a countdown. Only on the first heat. Is this normal? And at the end of the race I couldn't find a lap total that was in order. It had drivers with different laps jumbled for the total.
              Also when I tried to simulate a race with 12 drivers it put them all in at once on the heat generator sheets.
              Any chance you can be there on the 18th? ~Ron

Comment

I converted my Slot.it controller to 3 clip set-up, thanks. We'll need a computer tech for the day.

Comment

March 18

It depends on the weather. I have to be in Mt. Airy NC. Friday between 7 and 8pm and back there on Sunday about 9am. We need about 20 racers just to cover the gas.

Comment

If you have a manual for the program, I can figure out how to make it work.

Comment

No manual

It is pc lap counter. There is no manual. Matt or Les at main line hobbies in king of prushia mall in pa is good with the program. That is where I bought it.

Comment

If you google PClapcounter there is a english manual that can be downloaded. There are also some example picture but they are for lap not time heats. See you Saturday. ~Ron

Comment

Times

When setting it up, there is a spot that allows you to set timed hace or number of laps.

Comment

Hi Ricky,
                            I know where the time/lap area is on the race control. My issue is with segments. I think you just put in total time and let the heat generator figure out the segment time. My other problem was with the number of racers in a heat. I had 12 racers per heat. Somewhere I need to change the lanes to 6. I'll see if I can do better tomorrow as I'm off work. I did find a manual on line but it is for an early version and outdated. ~Ron

Comment

OK, guys. I have a copy of the manual printed out and I will bring it Saturday. Practice will be on from 10 till 11:45. The power has to be off at that time. We will start the first heat as soon as possible after 12. How's that?

Comment

Working...
                              X