X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keechracer
    started a topic Modern GT races at Racewear March 18th

Modern GT races at Racewear March 18th

Multi class racing, 2 in each race. Think of GT3 and GTD cars running at the same time.
    Analog, no magnet, urethane or rubber tires, no foam or silicone tires
    $15 both races, $10 for one race
    More complete rules will be available but here are the basics.
    Doors open at 10am
    Racing starts at noon on 6 lane Ninco track

Race #1 1/24 Scaleauto Modern GT 025/026 motor and standard gearing and 1/24 Carrera Modern GT with RMS motor.

Race #2 1/32 Modern GT, any make, chassis, motor, gearing and 1/32 Modern GT Carrera stock motor and gearing.
    ~Ron

• race-wear
    replied
    March race

I am glad you guys had a great time. I had intentions on being there but it was about 10 when I finished in Mt. Airy NC and being a 6+ hour trip, I would not have got there until 4 or 5 and had to be back here by 8 in the morning. I hope you guys understand my opting out today. I would like to see if we can make this a monthly event.

I hope to see you at the next one.

Please post pictures and results.

A special thanks to Ron Keech for handling this today.

Thank you for your support,
    Ricky and the Race-Wear staff
    Last edited by race-wear; 03-18-2017, 08:13 PM. Reason: Spelling

Leave a comment:

• rixvette
    replied
    It was a great day at Racewear. The track was tough as usual but we found it easy to cut up and rag on each other. Thanks to all the CRL guys and let me know when we can do it again.

Leave a comment:

• keechracer
    replied
    We had 15 racers today for the Racewear GT races. Thanks to the CRL club for their support and Rick G from IHSR for making it a fun day.~Ron

Leave a comment:

• keechracer
    replied
    Rick and Rick G,
    I figured out the pclapcounter system we should be good to go tomorrow. ~Ron

Leave a comment:

• race-wear
    replied
    I will be traveling tomorrow so call me when you get to the track and I will try and walk you thru it.

Leave a comment:

• keechracer
    replied
    Hi Rick G ,
    That time frame sounds fine. Hope you got an updated manual. The one I got is an older version and it says on the cover it is outdated. I did find post that showed how to do heats. I'm going to try it tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• race-wear
    replied
    Lap counter

There is a place to change the number of lanes used. It is lanes 1-6 and should always be put back to that after the race. The time should be set to the heat time not total race time.

Leave a comment:

• rixvette
    replied
    OK, guys. I have a copy of the manual printed out and I will bring it Saturday. Practice will be on from 10 till 11:45. The power has to be off at that time. We will start the first heat as soon as possible after 12. How's that?

Leave a comment:

• keechracer
    replied
    Hi Ricky,
    I know where the time/lap area is on the race control. My issue is with segments. I think you just put in total time and let the heat generator figure out the segment time. My other problem was with the number of racers in a heat. I had 12 racers per heat. Somewhere I need to change the lanes to 6. I'll see if I can do better tomorrow as I'm off work. I did find a manual on line but it is for an early version and outdated. ~Ron

Leave a comment:

• race-wear
    replied
    Times

When setting it up, there is a spot that allows you to set timed hace or number of laps.

Leave a comment:

• keechracer
    replied
    If you google PClapcounter there is a english manual that can be downloaded. There are also some example picture but they are for lap not time heats. See you Saturday. ~Ron

Leave a comment:

• race-wear
    replied
    No manual

It is pc lap counter. There is no manual. Matt or Les at main line hobbies in king of prushia mall in pa is good with the program. That is where I bought it.

Leave a comment:

• rixvette
    replied
    If you have a manual for the program, I can figure out how to make it work.

Leave a comment:

• race-wear
    replied
    March 18

It depends on the weather. I have to be in Mt. Airy NC. Friday between 7 and 8pm and back there on Sunday about 9am. We need about 20 racers just to cover the gas.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X