Wtb slot car track

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wtb slot car track

Sorry I know I'm posting this in the wrong spot, however I cant get anything to post in the forum in the f/s section. The track where I raced closed down about 2 yrs ago, I keep staring at all these cars, I either need a track or need to start unloading all my stuff.

I'm looking for a 4 lane minimum analog track, preferably a routed wood but would do plastic. Let me know what you have or where to find something. Thanks Jay

Btw located In Maryland, Annapolis area

Got a router?

Comment

I do, but I usually work about 60hrs a week so it probably would take me 10yrs to build myself a track. I will keep your kit in mind if somehow I get some more free time.

Comment

I hear ya. Hopefully someone nearby can sell you something already made, or make you one for a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by magicman71 View Post
          Sorry I know I'm posting this in the wrong spot, however I cant get anything to post in the forum in the f/s section. The track where I raced closed down about 2 yrs ago, I keep staring at all these cars, I either need a track or need to start unloading all my stuff.

I'm looking for a 4 lane minimum analog track, preferably a routed wood but would do plastic. Let me know what you have or where to find something. Thanks Jay

Phase II closure? Have you raced with the Interstate Home Slot Racing club (MD/VA/WVA/PA)?

Check out our forum in the club area here. Our next season starts next month at a member's home in Darnestown, MD (Montgomery County).

That said, I have a very large amount of very rare, Scalextric THREE lane plastic track. Stainless rails, true 1/24 scale with 4" lane centers, very deep slots. Two different radius turns (can make a 6 lane track, but you'd need one heck of a big room).

I'm thinking about selling, as where I live I don't have the space to set up a layout. Still in the thinking stage, as I've been keeping it against a hopeful but unplanned move upon retirement to a home where I'd have the space. That said, if someone came along willing to pay my asking price, I'd let it go.

Using about half of what I have, I set up an 80' layout which was in our club rotation for a year. It was in rented space. After one season it didn't make sense money-wise.

I work in Annapolis, live in Gambrills. So in your case, were you interested, there would be no shipping. That's good, as there would be up to 5 large boxes, more or less, if packed properly for safe shipping.

Have a bunch of OEM and 3D printed (black styrene) 2" shoulders for straights and both radius turns.

If you've any interest lets chat offline about cost, as there are a lot of variables such as taking all/some; taking the laptop with PC Lapcounter software; available Trakmate and Exoslot hardware for PC Lapcounter, and whether or not you'd have it in the club rotation.

[email protected]

This track is beyond rare in the US, was never imported. I know of only two people in the US who also have this in any quantity.

This is the layout I had set up. Again, this is just about half of what I have. I've picked up more of the 'outside' radius curves since.
          Last edited by tlbrace; 09-06-2018, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by magicman71 View Post

Just remembered, a guy in our club is moving and needs to get rid of his 4 lane routed track. He's in Abingdon. It's my favorite layout in the club.

Problem is, he may have already tossed it, as he couldn't get any takers and it needed to go.

I'll point him to this thread.

Comment

I have a bunch of Ninco that can do about 40' x four lanes. Inventory is below. It is about 105' total linear distance. I also have 4 controllers, guard rails, a bridge or two and some borders. Biggest question would be shipping.

piece - count
              10 cm straight - 3
              20 cm straight (start/finish) with cable for Sprint lap counter - 1
              20 cm (adapter for Scalextric/SCX) - 2
              20 cm standard straight - 15
              40 cm standard straight - 34
              40 cm terminal - 2
              40 cm Crossover - 2
              R1 curve - 10
              R2 curve - 31
              R3 curve - 8
              R4 curve - 8

PM me if interested,
              Peter

Comment