Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swap: Scalextric Challenge Pace car system for Pacer System

Hi All!

No bites so far on my 'WTB' post, so how's this: I have a Scalextric Challenger pace car system (the robot Mercedes pace car) that works great. Anyone got a good working Scaley Pacer system (lets you use your car as the pace car) they want to trade for it?

Thanks!

I must have missed the WTB post, but I do have a Pacer system for sale. I haven't used it, but I think it's complete -- the system is built straight into the track piece, but I believe you have to supply the power supply.

Let me know if you're interested!

Comment

i got a pacer from a fellow sci member some time ago .. do you understand that it is a 'classic/scx' track piece, and will need 'adaptor pieces' to use with sport - if in fact you are using sport .. the other (more important) point is that everything then plugs into the 8003 unit - power for the unit (and the track!) via a wallwart (and only one!) and controllers .. of course, this means 'two wire' controllers and no brakes !!

having said that, my pacer works great .. i have an scx trainerII as well, and also a 'challenger car' and go back to the 8003 invariably .. with a decent parma controller, the racing is great .. the ability to 'train' the car to 'your' speed is a super idea - it allows different rates of speed for different levels of drivers .. btw, the SCX trainerII units are pretty good too .. they work in a similar fashion, but suffer the same drawbacks - proprietory wallwart and controlles .. another note about SCX is you are limited (the instructions say) to 15m of track length ..

anyway, just a 'heads up' in case ya didn't know ..

cheers .. pete
      Last edited by SlotNovice; 05-06-2007, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X