X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding your own avatar

Hi,

To add your own avatar (the little picture that appears beside your name):
    1. Click on "User CP" top left corner of tbe blue bar.
    2. Click on "Edit Avatar" link.
    3. Navigate to your avitar. It must be an 80x80 image that is either online somewhere, or located on your PC.
    4. Click "Save Changes"
    You now have an avatar.

It helps to actually finish the registration process, too! I spent about 15 minutes complaining that the darn thing didn't work and then realized I hadn't responded to the SCI email. Oh well. Now I just need to find a pic the right size for to use! :o

Comment

Right, let's see if it worked.

Comment

Adding your own avatar

I'm finding that all of my racing pictures and slot car images I can find on the internet are just way too big for the avatar option.

80 by 80 pixels is really small.....does anyone have any suggestions on internet sites that have pics that would comply?

Help greatly appreciated,
        Blair
        PS. Don't you just love this guy..... ? He should have a caption next to him: "Who's your Daddy?!"

Comment

Any picture can be easily reduced in size using basic image editing programs. Even Paint, which comes with windows can be used. If you need help, feel free to contact me and I can reduce an image for you.

Comment

Adding your own avator

Thanks, bluetoes. I did try Paint, but in spite of my re-sizing in both jpg and bmp format, I guess it's still too "big". Very frustrating for us non-techie types.

If you don't mind helping a fellow northwesterner, I'd really appreciate it. Send me your e-mail address, and I'll forward you back my images.

(Are you looking forward to the Canucks opener tonight? Tell me you're a hockey fan.....)

Thanks,
            Blair

[email protected]

Comment

Hmm...ended up with a double post...

Comment

(Are you looking forward to the Canucks opener tonight? Tell me you're a hockey fan.....)
                Oh you have no idea. Been counting down for weeks now.

Email sent.

Comment

New Avator

Is this funny or what? Milo gets my picture under the pixel requirement--thank you again my friend--and then all of my previous posts were automatically updated with my new avator.....so...

If you had just started reading this thread, you would think I was a dork (which I am of course, but that's besides the point). Anyway, thought I would alert others of that technilogical advance.

Thanks,
                  Blair

Comment

Working...
                  X