Don't Understand Why...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Understand Why...

...this Forum can't come up with a way to post pictures as with my other forums: directly from my Computer's picture files to the Forum post, instead of the roundabout way of Computer files to My Gallery and then to the Post.

I'm still having a hard time moving a picture from My Gallery to the post!

PitStop
    Last edited by "Slow Lane"; 01-03-2016, 08:00 PM.

Originally posted by PitStop View Post
    ...this Forum can't come up with a way to post pictures as with my other forums: directly from my Computer's picture files to the Forum post, instead of the roundabout way of Computer files to My Gallery and then to the Post.

I'm still having a hard time moving a picture from My Gallery to the post!

PitStop

You can post pictures directly, as long as they are within a certain file size and measurements. Try the paperclip. jpegs and gifs have to be max 100k and 650 pixels wide.

Comment

Sorry you are having such a hard time with this, Pitstop - I know it can seem confusing. I also know others have gone to some lengths to explain this, but we'll try again.

1. Go to your photo album. Click on the photo that you want to add to your post.

2. Under the [enlarged] picture, click on the BB Code box. Text will highlight. RIGHT CLICK your mouse and on the menu that appears, select COPY. This will copy the selected text to your clipboard.

3. Write your post. When finished, you can hit ENTER (space down) once or twice, then RIGHT CLICK and select PASTE from menu that appears.

This will insert the HTML code that puts the photo at the bottom of your post...

4. To see the results, Click on Preview Post. You should see your photo at the bottom, under your text. If this doesn't work, you'll have to describe exactly where the process seems to break down for you, or what the result of your efforts is getting you... Good Luck

Comment

not this again...

Comment

I put all my pics on photobucket and insert them here from there.

Comment

PitStop,

I'm not sure if anyone has pointed out this method yet. Some people find that it works, and some do not. If it works for you, it might be the option you're looking for.

When you're creating a new post, this icon should appear. If you're posting a reply, you might need to click the "Go Advanced" button if you use the Quick Reply box. If you normally click "Post Reply" then you're already in the advanced posted editor. That's where you want to be.

In that editor, look for the small icon that looks like the back of a digital camera, with a little screen on it and a green arrow. It should be to the right of the "Insert Image" button, and will say "Open new window to pick from your uploaded photos and images" when you point at it with your mouse.

Click that.

A new window will pop up with your photos in the order you uploaded them, reversed (most recent first). With most recent versions of most web browsers on a computer, just clicking the image will automatically put the appropriate code into your message. You can click on multiple pictures, or go back and edit your message before clicking that icon again and putting in another picture. Here's what happened when I did exactly that:

There are some options in the window that pops up that allows you to choose how the image will appear, either small or normal size, as well as what it will link to when people click the image in your post. The options I had put in a thumbnail sized image that links to the original image when clicked.

Give that a try. Maybe it will be what you're wanting.

Comment

Try Firefox as your browser ...

... if you have two tabs open - one with your post that you want to put the picture in, the other with your SCI Album open in it to get the picture from - it's as easy as copy from one, paste to the other.

It's entirely possible to post pictures here using other methods, but more complex so let's not go there unless you have a special banana to share.

Comment

Originally posted by PitStop View Post
                ...this Forum can't come up with a way to post pictures as with my other forums:
                Here's why: the forum you came from runs on a more current version of the same software used here [software called vBulletin]. The more current version allows for direct uploads.

This version does not.

There is an upgrade plan in the works here, but you'll have to be patient. It is NOT the fault of anyone here that you can't do what you're used to doing somewhere else.

Comment

If your pictures are hosted on one BB and you would also like to post them on another BB remember that the hosting BB is paying for the server where the pictures are stored and they don't like you to link them to another site. The other site might not like it if pictures turn up with the logo of the hosting site. Some photo hosting sites do not allow links to other sites. I use Photobucket and Flickr so I can put the same picture on many sites without those restrictions.

Comment

Those forums that allowed direct movement from Computer Files to Forum Posts have been around for 17 years or more...they're not current! I started using them when I moved up here in 1998!

They were in everyday use on my Astronomy Forum, my Airgun Forum, and my Model Railroad Forum...just a straight shot from Computer Files to Forum Posts! All you had to do was click on "go advanced", and the transfer was set up for you!

But I want you all to know that your help in detailing the steps required is greatly appreciated! Nothing is your fault and my fault either...it just seems that the older I get, the shorter my attention span becomes! (It's the Big A moving in on me, I guess...)

The solution to my posting pictures on THIS forum is just to keep on trying.

A few days ago I was succesful in transferring a picture from my Computer files to a Forum post (after "going around the horn" to get there!), but yesterday I was just spinning my wheels again...

I think you people are good, well-meaning friends who don't mind if I prefer cruising to racing!

2016 is a Leap Year, so this will give me an extra day to get things figured out!

Cheers,
                    PitStop Halhttp://www.slotcarillustrated.com/portal/forums/picture.php?albumid=3855&pictureid=61973
                    Last edited by "Slow Lane"; 01-04-2016, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Good on you sir..in my experience this isn't exactly a wealth generating operation and people are doing what they can without huge resources ..probably there are seamless simple posting solutions out there, I had things going well until I upgraded my I pad and found the thing wasn't supported by photobucket. Frustrating ...but it's not as though we are paying subscribers and have some sort of entitlement.

Comment

Are you advising me to quit the Forum?

PitStophttp://www.slotcarillustrated.com/portal/forums/picture.php?albumid=3821&pictureid=61623

Comment

Working...
                        X