Test photo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test photo

Posting link here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/shares/7m2QjY

I've been trying to make that link work, and although it was easy enough to find the image in your Flickr album, I've not been successful either in making it visible in a post here.

Hey folks, what's the process for presenting Flickr pictures here on SCI?

Comment

Hmmm, have not seen images linked that way before at Flickr. Using the link provided I see the image but normally there is a share button on the lower right of the screen. Somehow the image was added to Flickr but is not in the user photostream.

HObro, if you add images to the photostream and then click the one you want, the share button should then appear. From the share button you select BB, set the size and copy the provided link. Then just paste it into your post as per usual. Note, if you just want the image to show without the link to your album, ditch everything either side of the IMG tags in the pasted link.

I can get the root address of the image using a small Firefox trick but it would be painfully slow to use as a regular method. Photostream would seem the way to go long term.

Did all this make sense? There's a guide with screencaps at TheLodge but I can't link to it here.

Cheers,
      Michael.

Comment

Slot.it FordGT40 Slot Car by Mikey Hanson, on Flickr

OOH, nice one, Jisp! That worked great! I never used Flickr here before because I didn't think it could be done, but that's good to know.

I found that Share button, clicked it, then found the BBcode button, copied that, pasted it here. It included the nice little caption.

Comment

Here are a few caps to help explain it.

Cheers,
          Michael.

Comment

Working...
          X