Carerra 1/24 weight placement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carerra 1/24 weight placement

Hello anyone out their can give me some info placingweight on the carerra 1-24 cars. I just started racing these with no magnets so any tups or li ks would be a great help thanks Allan.

We run them without weight, front magnet and PG urethane tires.That set up works well on the wood track too.

Comment

Are you running standard tyres?

We race them with MJK tyres on a commercial track wound up to 17.5 v. It's the easiest way to get some speed out of them but with no weight they can chatter coming out of corners because the tyres grip too well. A little bit of weight up front helps but your setup might require the weight placed somewhere else.

Weigh the car and add lead to get it so 60% of the weight is on the back wheels. That's a good starting point for setting up any slot car.

Most Carrera 1/24 have a tight gear mesh which slows them down. The standard motor is pretty pathetic but our rules don't allow different motors so on my car I'm going to try to fit a smaller pinion (but with the same number of teeth) so it's not rubbing so hard on the spur gear.

Paul
      Last edited by Sports Racer; 01-25-2018, 03:59 PM.

Comment

We run non mag and and only add weight to the 997, R8 and a lot to the SLS. The 997 and the R8 get weight added to the side running boards. The C7R, 458, Ford GT weigh enough already.

We are using the Supertires/Cincyslots urethane and silicone tires.

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by CincySlots View Post
          We run non mag and and only add weight to the 997, R8 and a lot to the SLS. The 997 and the R8 get weight added to the side running boards.

Bruce
          Bruce, are you placing the weight in the same area in the SLS ?
          Thanks,
          Randy

Comment

To be honest, I could never get one to run. Rubirosa is the expert. His runs unbelievably well. Hopefully he chimes in.

Bruce

Comment

I have only put weight in the GT3's and SLS's - in the meantime the GT3's don't get any weight any more.

Best if you pack the weight on top of the motor carrier (right above the rear axle) for the SLS's - I tried the side pods before, but on top of the axle is more beneficial.

Happy racing!

Cheers!

Seb

Comment

Thanks guys,
                Randy

Comment

Nice suggestions! I had problems with tire chatter with the Ford GT and the GT3, great speed with the RMS motor at 12 volts. Going to try adding some weight next time I go to Scale Racing in Tacoma.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubirosa View Post
                    I have only put weight in the GT3's and SLS's - in the meantime the GT3's don't get any weight any more.

Best if you pack the weight on top of the motor carrier (right above the rear axle) for the SLS's - I tried the side pods before, but on top of the axle is more beneficial.

Happy racing!

Cheers!

Seb
                    That info only took 4 years to get! LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X