Mid-America Hobbies E.T. Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid-America Hobbies E.T. Question

Is Mid-America's E.T. motor good for drag racing? My shop is selling them and wondering if it would be a good idea to purchase one.

Originally posted by SlotOutlaw24 View Post
    Is Mid-America's E.T. motor good for drag racing? My shop is selling them and wondering if it would be a good idea to purchase one.

Sir, one of the best pieces of information you can use is talk to the people drag racing at your shop and find out what they use and what has and has not worked for them. I have been to many shops with drag strips and the answer can vary depending on the voltage and number of amps available at a given track.

Comment

Slot -

The key to winning...is..."experimentation".
      Running the exact same combination as any / everyone else, will get you second place, at best.
      Where do you want to be ?

Mike

Comment

This is a newly imported FK-180 sealed can motor. Same size an the NSR 50K long can motors. I have tried one in a retro (IRRA) road car. Not much on brakes, big armature wire, runs high rpm and is 'intended' to be an option in S16D class racing. it has reverse rotation - red brush dot is (+) positive lead and runs cooler if geared for that rotation, so inline motor mounting is best.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike- View Post
          Slot -

The key to winning...is..."experimentation".
          Running the exact same combination as any / everyone else, will get you second place, at best.
          Where do you want to be ?

Mike

Mike, that makes the assumption that his driving skills and hand-eye coordination is worse than the other guy. Most racers I know THINK that if they have equal equipment to the other guy they can beat him or her because of talent. My recommendation about talking to the winners was that he could at least get a lay of the land of what works at that particular track and not just buying shot gun on things that had been proven not to work. The key to winning is "Practice" and the sharpening of one's driving skills.

Comment

Working...
          X