SCI - Live from Chicago, Illinois

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCI - Live from Chicago, Illinois

The sun is up and so am I. The Windy City has lived up to it's name. Skies are clear and it is a WONDERFUL 60 degrees outside. Inside the Hyatt Regency O'Hare, breakfast is being served and the excitement leading to the BRM National Challenge Final is building.

We are LIVE in Chicago for Slotcarillustrated.com. This is Lawrence reporting alongside Alan and Francesco Seren (owner of BRM) from the Donald Stephens Convention Center in beautiful Rosemont just west of Chicago. The racing kicked off with a bang last night at Chicagoland Raceway!!! Folks, the gang at Chicagoland are terrific folks. We joked and laughed and I got made fun of (hey, it happens often so I'm used to it) all night long. The Chicagoland Raceway gang are some of the best racers out there and they Definitely know how to have a good time .

Scalextric and Slot.It IROC races were held last night. Rich D and Dave F. werte the big winners. Me? Well, my initials are LP - "last place". HOWEVER, if I'm gonna lose (and I do often), I want to lose to this bunch.

Present with us last night were PT Fan, HRK, and Dave Kennedy. Tonight, Dave has 8, yes 8, SCX Pro Audi R8's set for another IROC-style race. In addition, a FlyROC race will be run.

Now to the most important reason we are here for - BRM!!! Francesco Seren is with us along with "Robertino" from Bolonga, Italy. Francesco is the owner of BRM and has brought 2 new Toyota 88C's with him. OMG, are these cars good looking!!! Pre-order them as soon as Alan puts them on www.132slotcar.us so you won't miss out on these cars. If you think they look good in pictures, wait until you see one in person!

Speaking of BRM, The first Last Chance Qualifying race was held last night at Chicagoland Race way and what a race it was. Dave F covered the field by 2 laps over Rich to earn the first of 2 transfer spots to the BRM National Challenge Final which will be held at Chicagoland Raceway on Saturday Night (October 18, 2008). If you are in the area or want to get in the area, please visit www.chicagolandraceway.us for directions.

Dave F and Rich both are qualified for the BRM National Challenge Final. The field still has room for many more folks. Come "Take the challenge".

Reporting Live from Chicago, Illinois, this is Lawrence/RollTideVet for Alan Smith, PT Fan, HRK, and Francesco. Come see us. Start a trend and bring a friend!!!!!

KIITS,
    Lawrence
    Last edited by rolltidevet; 10-17-2008, 09:06 AM.

Up at 11AM (noon east coast time?).

Stay at the bars a little late last night my brother?

Comment

Working...
    X