• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parma Flexi 3

How are the new Parma Flexi 3's.

Just getting back into 1/24th scale.

Interested in NASCAR and Nas Truck

GoneGonzo, I assume you're talking about 4" rather than 4" chassis? If so, Parma has had the Flexi 5 out for a couple years. I'm not sure you can even buy a new 4" Flexi 3 today. The Flexi 3 is lighter in weight than the Flexi 2, especially if you use the steel or aluminum pans with the cutouts. This chassis with the aluminum pans worked real well if racing on an oval. You may have to add 3 small pieces of lead to get the best handling, one on each pan right behind the front axle, another on the centersection.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneGonzo View Post
      How are the new Parma Flexi 3's.

Just getting back into 1/24th scale.

Interested in NASCAR and Nas Truck
      If you actually meant the new Parma Flexi 5's ..... they're real good when they're straight and true. A year-or-so back I set up a couple of them. One was one of the best slot cars I've driven. The other was one of the most temperamental slot cars I've driven.

The inconsistency led me to try - and like - the JK Cheetah 11. Especially for 4" NASCAR.

Comment

Flexi 5 - great until bent

I have a Flexi 5, is was super until it got hit. I haven't been able to get it running as well since. Don't get in a wreck and you have a great handling chassis.

Comment

The Flexi 5 is a good chassis and I have hit the wall a few times with mine but no damage. I must not be going fast enough. The Champion Turbo Flex is the main competitor for it and does better for some drivers. I've got one of those too. The JK Cheetah 7 is still a good chassis that some are using. We had a guy with a Falcon powered C11 show up once and we let him run, but he didn't do too well against us. Not sure why but he did hit the wall a lot and was always bending it. Our series is based mainly on the Parma and Champion NASCAR RTR's with the 16D motor. For speed we're averaging about 20 ft/sec in a typical race.
          Last edited by Badfinger; 10-20-2008, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X