IMCA President Proposes "Retro" Model Car Racing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMCA President Proposes "Retro" Model Car Racing

It is proposed that the first races of the 2009 Toronto IMCA (July 26-27 2009) worlds be a "Nations Cup" team event for 1/24 Model Cars as raced in the 1989 LeMans 24 Hours:

6000 Euro to go to the winning team!

Netherlands - TWR Jaguar

Belgium - Joest Porsche

Australia/New Zealand - Schuppan Porsche

USA - Kremer Racing Porsche

Canada - Brun Motorsport Porsche

Spain - Nissan Motorsport

Scandinavia - Toyota Team Toms

Germany - Team Sauber Mercedes

Japan / Slovakia - Mazdaspeed

Read More About the 2009 Nation's Cup Here
    Last edited by MG Brown; 10-20-2008, 05:51 PM.

What's it take to get in on this, Mick?

Comment

I would send an e-mail to Mark Campbell and express your interest in participating in the event.

It is not unusual for drivers to be needed if invited participants cancel or otherwise are unable to participate.

I am sure that Mark will remember your impressive performance at the 2008 PanAm Championship.
      Last edited by MG Brown; 10-24-2008, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MG Brown View Post
        I would send an e-mail to Mark Campbell and express your interest in participating in the event.

It is not unusual for drivers to be needed if invited participants cancel or otherwise are unable to participate.

I am sure that Mark will remember your impressive performance at the 2008 PanAm Championship.
        I'll check with him after I get back, then. That's a heck of a list of drivers involved already...

Comment

This should be a great portion to an event that is by all standards going to be spectacular.

By utilizing the same chassis platform as was used at the Pan Ams, it will ease the build portion too.

That track and our trigger fingers will be worn out after the worlds are through there will be lots of racing

Terry

Comment

Terry, this one is right in your back yard, right?

Comment

Seems like a cool event...

Those slotters that live in the neighboring area shouldn't miss this one: man, I'd like to be there just to watch! Pitty that Brazil isn't in on this one...

Can someone tell me what the "Dutch Revolution" means in slot car terms? Seems it happened in 2003 or something and is related to the use of hard bodies...

I don't if you guys agree, but the IMCA site is one of the most confusing ones I've seen on the net; you will probably find what you're looking for, but it will take you some time. Plus, the letters are soooooo small!

Cheers and good luck ElSec!
              BigDog

Comment

Terry, this one is right in your back yard, right?
                Very close indeed. Depends on the final venue chosen, but either a hop on the GO Train or TTC or jump in the car and 10 minutes down the road.

The designer that is Mark is pondering some great visuals for the venue.

Have to get the work party's assigned and start chipping away at it.
                It'll be here before we know it.

Terry

Comment

Originally posted by rubber2ice View Post
                  Very close indeed. Depends on the final venue chosen, but either a hop on the GO Train or TTC or jump in the car and 10 minutes down the road.

The designer that is Mark is pondering some great visuals for the venue.

Have to get the work party's assigned and start chipping away at it.
                  It'll be here before we know it.
                  Cool, I really hope I'll be able to make it. Now that I have a chassis to play with, I'm going to do a little fiddling. I just picked up a Porsche 936 long tail body to go on it -- I might as well have some fun until I get the 962.

I haven't been to Toronto in many years, so I'd be excited to get back there. I grew up on the other side of the lake from you (Rochester), so it was no big deal to drive to Toronto, maybe score a little Canadian beer before escaping back to NY with our bounty of brew... Dad was no fan of the 'American sewer water' as he called it.

Comment

Working...
                  X