Lola T-70 wheels/inserts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lola T-70 wheels/inserts

Hello all, I did a search and came up empty handed so do any of you know who does Lola T-70 wheels/inserts? I'd like to build one, but am frustrated by a lack of prototypical wheels or inserts to fit into what is currently available.

Thanks

Scott

Lola T-70 wheels/inserts

Did you try BWA Al might have them here is a like to his site.

Franco

http://www.bwaslotcars.com/

Comment

Do you mean 1/24 scale? Not sure if there are any in that scale.

Comment

Al at BWA has them in 1/24 and 1/32. To use the 1/24 ones you will also need to use scale wheels such as the Russkit like ones also available from Al. The wheels look quite tall and narrow by today's standards, but are spot on for the sizes used in the mid 60s when the Lola T70 was racing.

Comment

If you are looking for 1/24th scale ones I can hook you up with Tom Andersen he lives just down the road he has both. . .

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I missed that part when I last visited so I'll give Al a holler.

Scott

Comment

I never noticed them before, but there they are:

"BW24802
              Ruskit Lola T70
              Fits Ruskit 1/24 scale rims"

Comment

I have about 4 different T70 inserts in 1/24 scale in various diameters. The Russkit ones are the worst, and, not very nice at all compared to the others I have.

Although, they aren't all on my website, I have over a hundred different inserts in various scales and diameters.

Comment

Originally posted by BWA View Post
                  I have about 4 different T70 inserts in 1/24 scale in various diameters. The Russkit ones are the worst, and, not very nice at all compared to the others I have.

Although, they aren't all on my website, I have over a hundred different inserts in various scales and diameters.

Oh, well in that case perhaps you should ignore my e-mail. The wheels on the car now are ProTracks. They have a .62 inch inside diameter. That works out to about 15.5 mm.

Scott

Comment

Not a problem, if your not in a hurry, I can knock one out in that size.

I have a couple of ProTrak sized inserts. Here's my 50s Halibrand, and, yes, the knockoff is molded on in one piece.

Comment

I've sent you a PM on this, Al

Comment

Working...
                      X