Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PROXY RACING 1/24TH SCALE hardbodies (only)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROXY RACING 1/24TH SCALE hardbodies (only)

they do have 1/32 proxy racing.
    would anyone be interested in 1/24 hard body proxy racing?

if 1/32 proxy racing are gearing up for early Can-Am racing,
    i would suggest and vote for the same era for :12 hr or more endurance cars ,ie. le mans ,sebring,daytona etc etc.

i would love to suggest some rules as well ,pertaining to weight. and appearance according to the real cars.

then 'maybe' we can all agree where to race it ,who are going to drive it and what format are racing them.

interested?
    if there would be sarcastic replies i will ask the moderator to delete the thread.

my suggestions would be in another thread in that way,we can all put in and not clog a thread/topic.

orangepicker

Hey op, sounds like a pretty cool idea, I have on the bench 3 projects, 2 ALMS Vettes and Sauber C9 ready to go on Pattos chassis , 1 16D and 1 Lil Ripper. Need a setup for the 2nd Vette , maybe MoMo

DE38:smokin

Comment

Sounds good OP. As long as there are no chassis restrictions I'm interested in participating.

Derek

Comment

chassis restictions?:rollin
        where did that idea come from?
        there will be definitly "weight restrictions"

this should put all the chassies that everyone is so proud of to get together in a good race for a good cause.

anymore takers or suggestions?

Comment

chassis restictions?:rollin where did that idea come from?
          The world 1/32 can am proxy restricts the chassis to hand built, no laser cut chassis. I'm sure they would also include CNC machined chassis into that as well.

Derek

Comment

when it comes to the underbodies/chassis..the rules should be open.
            the restrictions should be on the weight of the car.
            i am only saying this as we run on a rule of "any chassis"

we also have weight restictions ,wheel/tyre diameter ,interiors and cosmetics.

i would like to see your cnc chassis race against my car.
            and all of the others of course.

Comment

<<The world 1/32 can am proxy restricts the chassis to hand built, no laser cut chassis. I'm sure they would also include CNC machined chassis into that as well.>>

Hi Guys

just got into 1/24th racing and was checking out the board...

The main idea behind the 1/32 proxy race was to promote scratch building... And that is why we have the restrictions on the chassis material...

The first proxy was held on Bob Wards track a number of years ago and Russell Sheldon sent in a High dollar (I think it was in the area of 150.00) lazer cut chassis and just kicked the snot out of all the other scratch built chassis....

The ideas we are using is to keep the cost down. And to get some interest going on guys building their own chassis the way we did in the good old days.. For the most part if a basement builder can't do it with simple tools at home it's not allowed....

And it seems to be working.... we are getting more and more entries each year.... I think we had 22 at my track last year..

And most all of the chassis can be made for about 10.00 or less.. And the racing has been very close over the years.. Not a 50 lap run a way like with Russell's first car.. After the first race even Russell agreed that the lazer cut chassis was overkill.....

But if you open it up to unrestricted chassis the cost alone to buy a competitive chassis will keep a lot of people away.....

just my 2 cents.....

Chris

Comment

And most all of the chassis can be made for about 10.00 or less.. And the racing has been very close over the years.. Not a 50 lap run a way like with Russell's first car.. After the first race even Russell agreed that the lazer cut chassis was overkill.....
                That's why I wanted to get a clarification early on. I think by restricting it to hand made chassis you may be shutting out a lot of people that would normally enter. My 1/24 chassis is $45.00 . Not out of reach price wise. The pro track is an even better deal. I would first find out how many people were interested in the race with the chassis restrictions and how many would be interested without. Which ever has the biggest draw wins!

I vote unrestricted.

Derek

Comment

Why not have two classes? That way some one can build a Proxy car with say a Protrack chassis, and also scratch build a chassis.

Comment

Hi Derek

I am not against unrestricted chassis to a degree.. just restricting the material and that it should be something the basement builder can do....
                    The Pro track chassis are good and with some mods like the guys in the north west do can be very good running cars...

If I get into the 1/24 proxy I will run what eveyone wants..

And getting a feel for what people are going to do, what motors are we talking here?? sealed death stars, sealed Proslot FX motors??

Axles.. 3/32 or 18"

Comment

so far all of us ,you guys out there and us here in australia,haven't agreed on anything yet.
                      so the slate is still clean.

i outlined some rules/regulations for AMCRA ,which was based
                      on IMCA rules ,but was filtered to suit AUSTRALIAN market and conditions.

they are posted atAMCRA site.

Comment

As a starting point you might take a look at the OSCAR (Oregon Slot Car Auto Racers) website. oscarslotracing.com/rules.htm Pick a class like sports cars and use the rules as they are or make changes to suit your needs. You may want to look at changing tire diameter and or width, however, the rules shown are simple and straightforward.
                        Rich

Comment

You might like to look at the Retro 1/24 rules that we race in the UK. I know 3 of our classes are for soft bodied cars but it might give you some ideas.

Tottenham retro rules

Cheers,

John

Comment

this is to bump the topic up in relation to pdl's question to me.

i hope it gets going.

Comment

Still waiting for some concrete proposals... let me help you to get things moving.

-Where to be run? One place, two places? More?
                              -Motor: what type would you like to use or is it free-for-all?
                              -Chassis: production or scratchbuilt or both?
                              -Weight: what minimum weight?
                              -Clearance: 1mm, 2mm, 10mm, what?
                              -Tire diameter and width?
                              -Track surface?
                              -Glue or no glue?
                              -Magnets or no magnets?

Your turn.

Comment

Working...
                              X