No announcement yet.

NEW SCALEAUTO PORSCHES have ARRIVED!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know a number of guys are interested at my club about these cars too. A series sounds like just what the doctor ordered. "Scale Racing America" interesting...

Comment

PDF Catalog?

Originally posted by SouthernSlotter View Post
      Mark,

90% of the guys on this board that buy this car willl keep the rubber tires on the car. Most of the wood track runners paint with flat latex and do not run glue on their track.
      Which brings me to another question. According to the PDF catalog, I see that Scaleauto makes two compounds of rubber tires. I think the Porsche come with the softer of the two compounds.
      What is the shore rating of the two types of rubber tires?

SS
      SS
      Where can one find this PDF Catalog?

Crush

Comment

http://www.ibbautoracing.com/newslet...UTO_2010.3.pdf

You can download it from here.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernSlotter View Post
          Mark,

90% of the guys on this board that buy this car willl keep the rubber tires on the car. Most of the wood track runners paint with flat latex and do not run glue on their track.
          Which brings me to another question. According to the PDF catalog, I see that Scaleauto makes two compounds of rubber tires. I think the Porsche come with the softer of the two compounds.
          What is the shore rating of the two types of rubber tires?

SS
          I have only seen one rubber tire available at the present time and I would think the compound has been formulated for Carrera track given the 1/24 format and popularity in Europe. The Europeans (including the big DSC Series in Germany) also run rubber or PU tires on smooth, glossy painted wood tracks without glue.

The rims do have the external raised boss on the outside OD of the hub as per the BRM wheels so it would not surprise me if there is some cross platform compatibility here. The team that designed these Porsche cars are very experienced builders, racers and organizers . . . and the thinking shows up a lot of places.

The cars have been selling like hot bread, so I imagine we will start to see some reports using the rubber tire setup very soon. We also have a latex finished Ogilvie wood track so I will try to get to it in the next couple of days.

Mark Campbell
          GR1D eShop

Comment

Originally posted by DaveKennedy View Post
            Thanks Dave.

According to the catalog Scaleauto has three compounds of rubber tires for 1/24.
            Original replacement which is on the Porsche, part # SC 4717
            The other two compounds are RT Racing and soft racing.

Scaleauto has quite a product lineup. Not many of us are familiar with Scaleauto on this side of the pond. I hope that changes.

George

Comment

Thanks Dave

Crush

Comment

New Scaleauto Porsche RTR Amazing

Mark allowed me the opportunity to test drive one of the New Scaleauto 911 GT3 RTR on Saturday,
                Simply put it is an amazing slot car right out of the box, It took a few laps to get use to the torque that the long can motor puts out,
                Once I got the hang of it ,it was really fun to drive it just kept going faster and faster I manged to go consistent 5.345 seconds with it,
                I am sure with some blue printing and tuning it should turn 5.2. or faster.
                Can't wait to set one up and race it.
                Thanks Mark that was Fun,

Franco DeVuono

Comment

I am intrigued by the amount of chassis parts that appear to be available. Can these cars really be taken to a much higher level?

Comment

Yes, there is room to upgrade the performance of these cars . . . bearings, guide, hardware, carbon H plate and spring plate. Haven't checked the dimensions but it appears that the MSC aluminum axle holders are the same as the Plafit version . . . so an independent front end is a possibility. And it's all standard 3mm drive train so all of that standard stuff fits.

The real deal here is a great running car at a reasonable price for close 'spec' racing and a good racing experience if you are coming in to 1/24 model car racing. So yes, Scaleauto has put a short list of tuning parts together without turning it into a major bank roll. Very smart and something we have been wanting for a while.

We are going to run them in the Sprint Championship at the 2010 Trier Worlds in Germany this September. A short list of tuning options but pretty much stock for the most part given the performance we have seen. I am anticipating an extremely close and thrilling finalé in the hands of the top pros. Great cars!

Mark Campbell
                    Grid Scale Racing
                    Last edited by marco; 02-17-2010, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Thanks for info Marco

Any chance on a stage by stage improvement guide to newcomers like me Please. I have the 7002 Flying Lizard and intend to buy the 7007 IMSA when it comes out. I have had a Plafit chassis but was unsure how to improve it.

I am sure there are several people who would appreciate a step by step guide to improvement. i.e. Stage 1 change these pieces, Stage 2 add these pieces, etc. etc. giving the most beneficial improvements first.

I have a BRM Evo motor but think it would be toooo powerful, ????

I am presently advertising for a new venue, in Almeria spain, for our clubs 4 lane 120 foot Braided MDF track. and cannot wait to race the Scaleauto Porsche.

Thank you
                      Last edited by Locura; 02-18-2010, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I have started a build sequence of the Scaleauto Porsche 911 GT3 RSR White Kit as a Picasa album that you can find here. Just started it the other day. Probably fill in a few more frames on the chassis this weekend. All the best,

Mark Campbell
                        Grid Scale Racing

Last edited by marco; 02-23-2010, 08:25 AM.

Comment

NEW SCALEAUTO PORSCHES have ARRIVED!

Mark Very nice,

I am going to have to get you to paint one for me,

Franco DeVuono

Comment

Moving the project along a little further. The body is has now been clear coated and polished with a 1200 grade flexi pad. I have also swapped out the rubber wheels with the competition spec Scaleauto RTR Procomp 3 sponge wheels on the rear and the SC Hardcomp sponge on the front as this build is for a wood track. One of the nice things that Scaleauto did was to keep the tire and wheel diameters of the stock rubber setup the same as their RTR sponge wheels so that you can make the switch easily and without affecting the ride height etc. Even the wheel inserts swap over! More on my Picasa . . .

Mark Campbell
                            Grid Scale Racing
                            Last edited by marco; 02-23-2010, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Looks awesome Mark.
                              Be sure and post some pics when the cars wheel inserts and interior are in place.
                              Are you going to stock some decals for dressing up white kits?

SS

Comment

Well . . . the cars are new and it will take a bit of time for the decals to surface. We do have a good maker in Europe for short run liveries, so that will help out as things get going. For the 2010 Trier Worlds we will run these cars with fantasy liveries in the spirit of motor sport . . . makes it fun and adds a little to the Concours competition! We do have light kits coming that will really look great on these cars and make way for some endurance racing. Lots of options . . . a great building platform . . . and the BMW M3 is only 6 month down the road. More fun!

Mark Campbell
                                Scale Racing America
                                Last edited by marco; 02-23-2010, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X