Help me, making a choice !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me, making a choice !!!

Hello fellow SCI-ers,Iím planning to change the layout of my Exclusiv 1/24 Carrera track, somewhere in the future.
    For the moment Iím not able to make the wright choice, thatís why Iíve started this thread:
    Help me making a choice ! Therefore, Iím asking you all:
    which one of the plans inserted in this thread, will Ďve your preferences ?
    These are the conditions:
    The target is to use the same surface (table)
    I race with different kinds of 1/24th scale slotcars (Carrera, BRM, Parma Flexi, H&R, etc.)
    Therefore the surface must be as flat as possible.(because of small groundclearances)
    The crossover will have a height of approx. 10 cm, the slopes must be as smooth as possible.
    Iíve inserted a photo and a Carrera Trackplanner drawing of the actual layout.
    The other drawings, plan 2, 3 and 4, are the 3 layouts to be used to make your choice.
    I hope there will be a lot of SCI-ers who will help me to make a choice.
    So, now, go for it!!

Lots of Slots

Hufo

Plan 2 gets my vote.......

Ron

Comment

I concur, plan 2 is the most interesting in my opinion.

Comment

Plan 2

CitroŽn AX GTi '93
        Xsara 1.6i 16v 110cv
        Sent from Tapatalk

Comment

Plan 2 looks fun.

Comment

Track design critique

Not a fan of having a corner underneath a bridge.By shortening a couple of the straights and adding a couple of sweeping kinks would make for a far better layout

Comment

Shift the track over a little to better support the unsupported corner. Add some "leafs" (bolt-on, additional table surface) to your table, and lengthen the long straights also.
              The more running surface the better in my mind.

Mike

Comment

Yep, #2 gets my vote. Looks like a mini commercial layout. Small, but FUN! -- Enjoy... Ernie :>)

Comment

It looks to me like it might be a pretty steep/tricky transition to the overpass on Plan #2. I like Plan #2, but with Plan #4's length.

Comment

How about something like this? You can do a track like this with a box of R2 or R3 curves; I think the legs of the L are too short to easily do this with R4.

Last edited by thatguy01; 09-03-2015, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Track design critique

That is exactly what i was talking about in my post.If you don't want to have a bridge and want to keep it flat,your current design is similar to a popular circuit in Western Australia called Barbagallo Raceway

Comment

This uses R1 curves.

Comment

This uses 12 pieces of R4 curves (one box).

Comment

Nice job supplying Hufo with alternate layout designs. Am I correct in assuming you're using some kind of track design software, or are you just light years ahead of me with your computer skills? :>) Very cool helping our fellow forum member out that well... Ernie :>)

Comment

Here is one more, just in case.

Comment

Working...
                              X