Scaleauto Guide Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scaleauto Guide Advice

I am looking for the best option for guides to put on scaleauto 1/24 cars so I can just buy a meter of braid and replace them cheaply and efficiently (eyelets?) while also properly function on a carrera digital home track with lane changes etc.

Anyone any experience with this? All advise appreciated!

You do know you can buy the clips separately and 1m of braid ?

SC-1634 or SC-1635

It seems most threaded guides have a similar system.

You could simply buy some 1m braid of your choice and use the old clips?

Comment

There is also braid available for sale in bulk, usually 100 pieces. Scaleauto offers this option.

There are other manufacturers of braid, some less expensive than Scaleauto some more. An easy place to shop for 1/24 braid is Professor Motor.

At some point in the past I bought several different brands to check out the options I had in terms of price and braid characteristics. After trying a few different types and working with the clips. I can say that I like my 1/24 braid ready to install on the guide, rather than doing all the work myself.

As to the braid characteristics some braid is thinner/thicker and narrow/wider and longer/shorter and softer/stiffer. I have a variety of choices in my parts box and select what I think I need.

Just a few thoughts for you...

And more power to you if you do it yourself.

Comment

Working...
      X