No announcement yet.

UOP Shadow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott, I think it depends on which photo you choose...some do, some don't.

Comment

A beautiful model and a beautiful car. Tony Southgate at his best. A great shame that Porsche pulled out/retired/rules changed upon them. That would have been a race I would love to have seen/read about. I seem to recall Jackie Oliver being interviewed in Motorsport and stating the car was a dream to drive. On some tracks two seconds a lap faster than the 917 10/30.

Comment

Thanks fotodoug. Makes one wonder.

The pictures makes one wonder if the air pressure at speed was pushing the front down towards the track surface. The pictures I found were of the car sitting still, no driver. The pictures you posted have a driver and are while the car is moving.

Scott

Comment

I don't know whether the ground effects, and driver weight are the reasons...I just think it looks better when the nose is down. Ground effects, and driver weight aren't really issues in slot cars.

Comment

I agree!

Looks much better with the nose to the ground. But it is ironic that the "nose in the air" is not wrong.

Scott

Comment

I recently saw these cars up close. Peering into the interiors, one of the cars had a gap between the tub and bodywork that could have been filled with a 2x4 laying flat. I would think the amount of air being exhausted through the cockpit at speed would have allowed the air over the car to push it down a fair amount.

Comment

It's still just a butt ugly car no matter the stance.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by monovell View Post

Tom
                  Beauty is in the eye of the butt holder.

Comment

photodoug, any chance of a couple more photos of the CG Shadow? I would really appreciate some shots of the chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by monovell View Post

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by aquakiwi View Post
                        photodoug, any chance of a couple more photos of the CG Shadow? I would really appreciate some shots of the chassis.

Will do, I'm vacationing in California right now, but will take more photos when I get back.

Comment

Thanks fotodoug, will look forward to them, just purchased the Ti 22, love those Can Ams.

Comment

The "left out in the sun" trick that Doug suggested worked out fine for my car. Due to the more intense sun & heat here in Florida (versus BC, Canada) I only left it out for about 90 minutes at a time and after three sessions it was low enough for me. Chilled it each in the frig, got a stink eye from the wife first time ("you got some explaining to do") and then room temperature for a couple of days and maintained the stance.

Thanks Doug

Buster

Comment

One of my all time favs. Thanks to those of you who posted tips on bending the nose down. This worked perfectly for me with the assistance of my heat gun "on low" and elastic bands. After swapping out the factory gearing, stiffening the chassis, reinforcing the rear exhaust and suspension details, installing new 25k Piranha motor, adding a little lexan windscreen, as well as doing some finer detailing, mine is right where it needs to be. Looks the part and goes like stink!
                              I would do most of the same stuff, possibly to a slightly lesser degree to any other high end manufactures car anyways for what we run as an "Open Class". Great running mate for the BRM and Chappy. I can now field an entire 3 car CG Slotcars entry next time "Open Can-Am" is run in these parts. Keep em coming CG!

Cheers
                              KK

Comment

Working...
                              X