• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dazee
    started a topic Something a little new and different - maybe

Something a little new and different - maybe

Well this was new and different to me anyway
    Called in to my local retailer today for a quick purchasing fix to build up my collection of cars. While there I noticed a new space on the shelves had been created for some cheaper cars that looked perfect for my visiting niece and nephew to use - they can be a little destructive, so these seemed durable and cheap enough for them.

Coming in a variety of simple body styles and colours they look a great little deal, and the chassis looks pretty nice too.

Removing the body is simple, just loosen 4 screws and it pops straight off for easy maintenance.

Now I am not 100% sure, but the similarities are so close that I am 95% sure, this is a simplified Plafit chassis. This looks to be a original product line Plafit are doing for this particular store, cheap enough for beginners to get into the hobby, strong enough to take abuse, and with double magnets front and back will be easy to race.

Looking forward to testing these out this weekend and also seeing how much adjustment is in the chassis to lend to other projects. Hope they turn out to be good little runners with or without magnets.

• dazee
    replied
    Have not posted a link to their website as I didn't think we are permitted to post direct links for stores that are not sponsors on this site. If you use your favourite search engine though for Ban Project Slot Cars then all the top results should take you to their site.

Mike, will send you a mail shortly.

Leave a comment:

• Mike-
    replied
    dazee -

I just sent you a note on getting me a car or two.
    I forgot to mention, I'm in SoCal.

Again, thanks for doing this.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• DVD3500
    replied
    Could you repost the website and ideally a direct link to their contact page?
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• dazee
    replied
    Have eventually got some feedback from banpro. Pricing that they quoted me as example was :

2 cars would be 30 USD each.
    20 cars would be 26 USD each.
    100 cars would be 20 USD each.

Shipping would depend on location. Order through the contact form on their website.

We had some fun with the decorating last week. Cheap and cheerful

Am going to be trying a spare chassis under my LaFerrari Roadster project.

Leave a comment:

• dazee
    replied
    drop me a mail, [email protected] and we will sort something out

Leave a comment:

• Mike-
    replied
    Ha, funny. I just bought a very clean, 05 Mini Cooper...so I'd still be up for one car with the Mini body if possible.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• dazee
    replied
    Glad someone else has also got hold of one. Honestly I have asked them about putting on the plafit site, I have asked for quotes on various quantities, I have also passed on the contact information to others who own stores to see if they can progress further in getting these more readily available.

For anyone visiting Japan I believe these would also be available at the airport if you fly in to Haneda. The airport has same store at both Narita and Haneda airports, but only Haneda has a slot car track at the store.

Leave a comment:

• bov
    replied
    Cool little thing...

So, my daughter just came back from Japan....

Just before she left two weeks ago - I set her a little challenge "Find this Toy / Hobby Store, get one of these....."

She Passed -

The two holes under the rear axle are where the rear magnets were. I haven't lowered the body yet, but for out of the bag ( it doesn't come in a box ) - it goes pretty well. Taily of course, with such a short wheelbase, but with the two front mags still installed, it's a bit like those Scaley Drift cars of some years back ( Can't do the 180s though.... )

Now it's up to her to decorate the Pink Bug as she likes..... but for about $45- AUD you can't go wrong.... and there's lots of scope to modify / enhance if you wish...

Cheers, Tony

Leave a comment:

• DVD3500
    replied
    Thanks for looking in to this. I have done some research and still can't find anything s good, even if the price has gone up 5-10USD$
    Be curious if they would be willing to export.

Leave a comment:

• dazee
    replied
    Went back to the store today and picked up a couple more. I think I got a bargain the first time as looks like the price has been marked up a little now, but still not bad. Here are the colours on sale and the models - just Beetle and Mini.

Also this time noticed the sign there that confirms this is a Banpro product. Have reached out to Banpro again to get more details and if can be ordered from them directly. Could not get to Banpro shop as seems they are closed Monday- Wednesday every week, so a little difficult to get there when they are open. Hopefully they respond to my request now.

Leave a comment:

• DVD3500
    replied
    I have practically stopped posting here because it is such biatsch to post ... keep getting kicked out...
    Anyway: Thanks for the follow up.

Yes lowering should help a lot. :-)

I really think this may be what i have been searching for for a long time...

Leave a comment:

• dazee
    replied
    I've had a couple of messages from members here, but seems pretty much impossible for me to reply through the message system. I keep getting prompted on user name and password. I have tried, but not sure any messages have actually been sent.

So to update. No reply yet from Banpro/Plafit. I am really hoping to get down to their store/factory next week to speak with them. Nothing confirmed yet 100% as am currently looking for my next employment contract so if anything comes up the hobbies must take a back seat.

I will however make it to the Ginza store that stocks these for sure and get more details on colours and various bodyshells etc.

Agree there are some caveats with these cars that need to take note of, but they are turning out to be fun running on the Carrera track in analogue mode. Been starting to run the one in and made a little adjustment on the body. Move the body locators further up inside the shell so it sits a little lower and looks better.

Leave a comment:

• DVD3500
    replied
    Even with all these caveats they look like great cars....

Leave a comment:

• dazee
    replied
    Thank you. I have a bag of capacitors and will give this a try. Would certainly be nice to get the Capri running for timed laps on the track.

In my haste I missed something on the magnets that now going back for closer inspection I see. There are 4 small circular magnets in total held in place in pairs by a small holder. I now see that each of these does also have in turn a small grub screw the same size as for the wheels holding them in place. Using small hex key you can then adjust the height of individual magnets. This would remove the issue of them contacting and shorting out the track without the need to remove completely.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X