Scalextric Monti Carlo's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scalextric Monti Carlo's

I've been thinking of buying a couple of Scalextric Monti Carlos ' has anybody run these cars without Magnets. I run on Ninco Track which is a little bit more aggressive texture surface wise. If I do anything too my cars it's Lead weight only.

Our club has one and we put Super Tires on the rear and added weight. We run all cars on MDF routed track. All I can say is it's "fair". We will practice with it for a while before we decide if we buy more.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyraz49 View Post
      Our club has one and we put Super Tires on the rear and added weight. We run all cars on MDF routed track. All I can say is it's "fair". We will practice with it for a while before we decide if we buy more.
      What size Super Tires did you use? Silicone or Urethane?

Comment

And how much weight to add?

Comment

I am very surprised at these new Monte Carlos. We have a Ninco track that is totally flat and usually run the popular old Scaley NASCARs. The latest were sidewinders and very enjoyable.. And we run a little weight instead of magnets too. But surprisingly these new Monte Carlos do not need any extra weight when running without the magnet. Now we run a silicone tire like super tires or the newer ones from I think are from Cloverleaf. But I recommend trying these new Scalextric Montes without their magnets and no weight at first. They are very well balanced. You can always add weight if you need it for your driving style.

Comment

Working...
          X