Does an upgraded guide flag...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does an upgraded guide flag...

Is there an upgraded guide flag available for the older Scalextric push in guide?
    I am trying to upgrade the guide on a Scaley Caterham Super 7 and I am running out of ideas that won't leave wires hanging out the front or just interfering with the car...

Scott

Scott, I'm not sure whether the B-Nova guide would work on that car, but may be worth checking out.

B-Nova.

Comment

You mean to you want to replace the older non-guide plate aka quick change guide?

Comment

I use a Slot.it CH10 guide or a CH07 guide that has been trimmed.

Comment

Nose of the car doesn't have room

The nose of the car doesn't have room for a B-Nova. (At least I an not going to cut the car up to find out.) And I have modded up a Slotting Plus guide to fit where the Scaley Quick Change guide came out. However, the guide does have slop that I don't care for. Rich, do you have any pictures of your installation you could share?

Scott

Comment

Scott, I found this thread from a while back; may be useful.

Comment

There is not much to see, but here you go.

The guides that I mentioned are held in with a screw and washer. The screw is tightened down to eliminate any wobble, but still allow the guide to swivel freely. I like to use the over sized eyelets from Professor Motor, those are not likely to pull out.

Comment

Catherham 7

Bottom picture so you can see what I am dealing with. Just no room for a B-Nova unless I cut the nose off the chassis and glue it to the B-Nova.

[IMG][/IMG]

But I have come up with a work around. I modded a Slotting Plus guide to mimic the Scaley quick change guide. The braid is wrapped around the guide but it is held in with a screw. I had a problem with the shaft diameters being different, the Slotting Plus guide was loose in the pivot hole. I did not have a plan for this problem and had run of ideas... Until I was working on an HO car body. I was making window glass for a resin Gremlin I had and at the time I was thinking "This clear plastic is really thin." Light bulb.... Small section of thin clear plastic is used to shim guide. And done.

Scott

Comment

Working...
                X