Technical Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical Question

Hi, I have just joined this forum so hopefully I am doing this right. My question is, has anyone out there ever tried installing aCarson digital chip in a 1/32 scale NSR slot car, if so how did you do it ? I would like to get an NSR car but they are not digital.

Thanks

Reg

I am not up on NSRs...

The Carson ship is for Scalextric compatible cars to work on Carrera digital (with some limitations).
    I don't know if NSR are Scalextric compatible. If they are the Carson chip is a good idea.
    If not, get a Carrera chip as it will allow full digital capabilities.

If you are planning to go Scalextric digital you need the C7005 retro chip or a higher rate Revision H DPR chip if the car is DPR ready.

Comment

Thank you very much, I will try putting the Carrera chip in...

RG

Comment

Hi Reg. If you go to the Carrera forum on this board, there is a thread about chipping other cars to Carrera digital. The thread is "Cars converted to Carrera digital" . Just scroll down a little and it is the second thread down. In the first post there is a link to another thread called "compilation of digital chipping thread". Click the link and it has other links to specific cars. Click the last link in the post is NSR. The pics aren't showing but the posts should still be helpful. Sorry, but I couldn't figure out how to just put the link in this post.
        Oh, and welcome to SCI
        Randy

Comment

Thank you Randy, and I will check out the threads.

RG

Comment

If you are running on plastic track,clearance may be an issue,NSR tend to only have about 1.2mm clearance.

Comment

Thanks Phil, I will consider that before purchasing.

RG

Comment

Working...
              X