Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires upgrade - Front and Rear or just Rear

Hi. First post here.

When you upgrade tires to urethane tires for cars like scalextric and carrera, do you upgrade both the front and rear tires, or just the rear?

Thank you in advance

Just the rear.
    You want minimum grip from the front tyres.

Comment

Thank you for the help

Comment

Right! Excess grip at the front of the car will increase rolling resistance and cause the back to swing out more in the corners. People often coat the front tires with nail polish to reduce grip. If the front tires have degraded and need to be replaced there are extra hard low grip urethane tires available from Super Tires as well as the Zero Grip rubber tires from Slot.it.

Comment

thank you for the info on the tires for the front. i ordered a set of sipt07

Comment

Good to know! So the front tires should barely touch the track surface? What's the proper way to set up the front end for home use?

Comment

Originally posted by dinglebery View Post
              So the front tires should barely touch the track surface? What's the proper way to set up the front end for home use?
              The front tires should do no more than keep the car stable, so that the braids on the guide maintain continuous contact.

There's a very good 'Stuck' Thread in Tech Q&A, here, on that very subject.

Also, for Slot.it cars, look at 'How To #9 Adjusting the Front Axle' on their site Downloads, here.

Comment

I prefer to make my front wheels spin as the car goes around the track. I think it looks funny if the front wheels don't spin. I like running open wheel classic GP cars and classic sports cars the best and they just don't look right if the front wheels are up in the air. I have read that this slows the cars down - but that doesn't seem to be an issue with the chaps I race with as I am regularly on the podium or top 5 in most classes. So I set my front wheels so they are touching the ground and make sure they spin freely.

cheers
                David

Comment

Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post
                  The front tires should do no more than keep the car stable, so that the braids on the guide maintain continuous contact.

There's a very good 'Stuck' Thread in Tech Q&A, here, on that very subject.

Also, for Slot.it cars, look at 'How To #9 Adjusting the Front Axle' on their site Downloads, here.
                  This is the direct link for the tip#9. thank you for the information on this. its really helpful
                  http://slot.it/Download/FAQ_PDF_en/9...leSetup.en.pdf

here are all the tips. these are very helpful. thanks for pointing me to this area.
                  http://slot.it/DOWNLOAD_INSTRUCTIONS...ctions_EN.html
                  Last edited by miles; 03-24-2019, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X