Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Successfully Remove Fly 10th Anniversary Logos?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Successfully Remove Fly 10th Anniversary Logos?

Has anyone removed one of these logos without making the car look all scratched up?

how about posting a picture of the car...

Comment

Done several..!!.........used fine polishing compound.

Cheers
      Chris Walker

Comment

Pics or it didn't happen chrisguyw !!

C'mon guys and Gals - it's almost 2020 FFS!!!

rant On: also, why can't people that provide a positive answer also provide the product name and/or web link of what they used to do the job also? Is that too much to ask on a forum where we're all trying to learn from one another and help each other out...?
        rant Off:

Comment

Temper Temper, someone is staying up too late..
          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by dinglebery View Post

rant On: also, why can't people that provide a positive answer also provide the product name and/or web link of what they used to do the job also? Is that too much to ask on a forum where we're all trying to learn from one another and help each other out...?
            rant Off:
            WOW...!!!!

I used Tamiya polishing compound, (fine and finish grades)...........but, there are lots of other polishing compounds out there.

The only pic. I have is of a Fly Ferrari Coda Lunga, after the anniversary logo was removed. I did not take this pic. to show the logo removal, just to show the finished car............the (gold) anniversary logo was on the top of the left front fender.

Cheers
            Chris Walker

2010-08-26-13-33-34-1-copy.jpg 2010-08-26-13-33-34-1-copy.jpg
            Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, lack of sleep makes for a grumpy puppy, Dave! I've been spending too much time in the garage trying to complete the track build!!

Thanks for the PICS Chris!! Thank you for sharing! Looks like you did a fine job.

ps... correct me if my statement above was wrong... in a ll seriousness, I believe it's not that difficult to include a pic of what it is you're talking about (myself included) to help the other guys or to show them - a pic is worth a thousand words, remember!
              besides all that, I love seeing pics of other people's slot cars and what they've done to them!!

Comment

I used Simichrome Polish way back when, before photography was invented, to remove the logo from a Fly Capri.
                You might also try regular toothpaste.

Comment

Yeah, lack of sleep makes for a grumpy puppy, Dave! I've been spending too much time in the garage trying to complete the track build!!

Thanks for the PICS Chris!! Thank you for sharing! Looks like you did a fine job.

ps... correct me if my statement above was wrong... in a ll seriousness, I believe it's not that difficult to include a pic of what it is you're talking about (myself included) to help the other guys or to show them - a pic is worth a thousand words, remember!
                  besides all that, I love seeing pics of other people's slot cars and what they've done to them!!
                  A pity you picked Chris to dump on because, had you been following his posts on several forums, you would have known that he is an incredible fund of knowledge that he shares freely and with numerous exquisitely detailed photographs to accompany his detailed step by step instructions. And if you had ever driven any of his proxy cars you would know that this is not theoretical knowledge and posturing: I have probably driven more than 5 of his proxy cars over the years and most of us on this board can only dream of achieving his level of building and tuning. On top of that he was the ONLY person to at least respond to your request.

I see some words trying to justify your rant but not an apology. Chris is one of the good people out there so I personally think an actual apology to him would not be inappropriate.

Alwyn

Comment

Hi Alwyn. For the record I was not Dumping on Chris! I was over-tired and wanted to see a picture of what he described, that's all. Nothing more to it. Not personal. No bashing/dumping/etc. Nothing to apologize for. I'm not in tune with any other forums, btw.

The rant on the other hand had nothing to do with Chris' post - it was a thought that made its way thru my fingers and keyboard to the post, from lack of oxygen to the brain.

...Had Woody gone straight to the Police, none of this would ever have happened!
                    ;P

Comment

I will however apologize to JeffAARy for having his thread derailed because of a post I made. Sorry Jeff!

Comment

Hi Alwyn. For the record I was not Dumping on Chris! I was over-tired and wanted to see a picture of what he described, that's all. Nothing more to it. Not personal. No bashing/dumping/etc. Nothing to apologize for. I'm not in tune with any other forums, btw.

The rant on the other hand had nothing to do with Chris' post - it was a thought that made its way thru my fingers and keyboard to the post, from lack of oxygen to the brain.

...Had Woody gone straight to the Police, none of this would ever have happened!
                        ;P
                        OK, I did not intend to go further but seeing as you apparently feel there is nothing untoward with your posts:

Sorry to disagree: whether it was intentional or not, when, in response to a helpful post by Chris you write:

Do you honestly think people can do anything BUT assume this is aimed at Chris??

rant Off:

... you cannot blame "regular people" for seeing this as dumping on Chris. How else do you expect me to interpret it when you strongly criticise "people that provide positive answers" (as Chris did) for not posting images (as Chris did not), saying "is that too much to ask?" I thought the "it is almost 2020 FFS" to be particularly odious. People cannot read your intentions, they can only read your words. I read your words and I clearly perceive it VERY differently than you apparently intended.

I am sorry you are tired. But please do not use it as a justification for being rude.

From someone who has also in the past started numerous threads with explanations and images showing what I did.

Whatever.

Comment

Dude, relax! Pics or it didn't happen is called "in jest" or joking around... same as the next line after that... tongue in cheek so to speak

some people take things waaaay too seriously...

Comment

Working...
                          X