• Time
  • Show
Clear All

east cost?

Originally posted by Dooner View Post
    I'll have to save my money for a trip.
    Hey Dooner,

Pitch64 here:

Sorry for the confusion, I am on the east coast about 120m from Lakeland. As I recall Port Charlotte. is south of Lakeland. I too am looking for some 1/32 racing, as like your situation, there are no local tracks around this area.

Comment

I'm in Naples -- a slot-free zone because people down here are mesmerized by 1/2 scale gas-powered RC squirrel chasers (probably because of the swamp buggy races). I'm Running Ninco N-Digital.

Michael

Comment

No Problem

Pitch 64.
        Port Charlotte is Just 45 min north of Naples. I don't have much new stuff except 2 new 33 Ford Womp Womp 16ds. I have some older 1964-70 Revells and Riggens in 1/32 scale before the magnet age. I definitely want to check out your track though.

Dooner

Comment

if anyone wants to contact me:

Mike Roe
          cell 863-640-9984

anytime
          Last edited by slotrax; 02-16-2019, 04:37 PM.

Comment

contact

Mike,

Thanks for the info. I would like to get together with your club and do some racing, however i am about 120m due east of you, would you consider a Sat/Sun event?
            My box stock are Ninco GT and SCX NASCAR, the rest are modified Fly, and hand built with Lexan bodies.
            A couple of ?'s - do you allow Silicone's, are controllers furnished?

Sincerely,
            Pitch64

Comment

yes we have controllers and we race stock tires only. A trued scalextric stock tire that has been water sanded with 1500 grit sandpaper will beat any silicone tire you can put on a scalextric car, we race scalextric cars only right now, and i carry a full line of cars, we only run 5 different classes right now, heck for less than $200.00 you can race for next 2 to 3 years and never spend a dime except for gas to and from the races, i've been racing the cars i race for 3 year non stop now with same motors and tires and still winning all the time, all stock. thats what you have to love about 1/32nd scale, the rest (H.O. , 1/24) are just money pits.

Comment

Well now, looks like i'll have to pick up a couple of Scalys - - - Love those GT40's

Hope to see you soon!

Comment

Mike,

My parents live in Lakeland. Next time I visit I'll look you up. I think I saw your shop the last time I was down there but it was closed.

Jeremy

Comment

Originally posted by bibbster View Post
                    Mike,

My parents live in Lakeland. Next time I visit I'll look you up. I think I saw your shop the last time I was down there but it was closed.

Jeremy

That would be great your welcome anytime, we would be glad to have you.

Mike.

Comment

Alaska Racer finds Florida Racers

Originally posted by alaskaracer View Post
                      The track looks great, I am in the process of moving to Punta Gorda once our house sells up here in Alaska. It would be great to get together and do some racing once we get settled.
                      Jason

Isn't funny after all these years we got together.

Comment

Hi there, I live in DeBary about 60 miles east of you via I-4. Just might contact you to arrange a Monday visit.

Comment

Really Nice Track. Are those Magnetic Brand Track Accessories?

Comment

Nice looking start/finish complex on the first track photo.

Comment

Originally posted by Modlerbob View Post
                              Hi there, I live in DeBary about 60 miles east of you via I-4. Just might contact you to arrange a Monday visit.
                              I look forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by FunStuffOnly View Post
                                Really Nice Track. Are those Magnetic Brand Track Accessories?
                                Yes its magna briad, I purchased from Slot Car Corner.

Comment

Working...
                                X