X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run 1/43 cars on 1/32 track

Hey All,

These would be Carrera cars and track.

Read an older thread saying that you CAN run 1/43 on 1/32 track.

But when I try the cars are automatically powered without using the control. Cars just want to GOooooo!

Something I need to mod to run 1/43 on track with a CU?

Thanks,

TRU
    Last edited by truwebs; 01-25-2018, 08:34 PM.

analog car on digital track?
    digital cars on analog track?

controller fixed with rubber band (thatīs a joke, sorry).

1/43rd cars will run on 1/32nd track, yes.
    there are guys out there who use the 1/32nd digital system on 1/43rd cars to be able to run 6 cars on a 2-lane track instead of only 3 cars.

please clarify ...

Ciao,
    Peter

Comment

Ha Ha... Yes.. had to look at the controller to be sure on the rubber bands. That's how I run my ghost car... :-)

143 Analog on Digital 132

Comment

You can't run an analog car on a digital track. The track needs to be converted to analog, or the car needs to be converted to digital.

Comment

Originally posted by truwebs View Post
          Hey All,
          Something I need to mod to run 1/43 on track with a CU?
          You need a basic D143 chip and the 1/32 CU will run it (even with the refueling.-should reward the ing. guy in Austria/Carrera who did that; kids are still refueling a lot with the D143 chip)

Some details here;
          http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...ad.php?t=55379

note; by the way, the ''f22F'' Carrera code motor is by a mile the most performer motor from all the Carrera fleet... I guess maybe 20-22K rpm and faster than every SCX 12V motor. But I have only one...

PL
          Last edited by pl9171; 01-28-2018, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Can a D132 chip be installed in a D143 car if it will fit?

Comment

Yes, you can install 132 chips in 143 cars. I have more then one thread on this forum showing the conversion

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Can a D132 chip be installed in a D143 car if it will fit?
                Yes. 26742 and 26732 Carrera chip with a little angle with fit on large Carrera Go body and SCX DTM/Nascar;

Have a nice day.
                PL

Comment

Great thanks!

Seem to have no problem finding the 132 chip online. Any suggestions where to purchase the 143 chips? As for 143.... is this usually a chip only purchase or chip/motor combo purchase. Since I have not yet chipped... Anything specific I should be aware of with motors. Obviously the 132 in a 143 car is a form factor issue.

Thanks,

TRU

Comment

Any suggestions where to purchase the 143 chips?
                    Check on the bay; there's a german eBay dealer who sell separately motor and chip.
                    Personally, I buy used D143 cars from local ads... Or from the bay too. Even an old D143 car will be ok... From our 8 last years of chipping, D143 chip are pretty tough.

For the D132 chip, I used 26742, 26732 and 26740 since 2010;

From our experiences;

26742; too wide and too complicated to fit the sensor correctly on the chassis. only good for our autonomous cars.

26740; ex-f1 chip. got multiple transistor heating problems (black rectangle). seems to be an issue in the past for Carrera too. still unable to repair. don't use anymore.

26732; the best. no problem at all. blue colour right now.

Always test the chip before soldering (got some bad surprises in the past even with new stuff... QC seems to be not perfect...) Soldering must be A+ with D132 chip. Try to isolate the motor to avoid over heating (motor to close to the chip) Chip must be pretty solid on the chassis.

PL
                    Last edited by pl9171; 01-28-2018, 01:00 PM.

Comment

This is great! Just ordered 2 26732.

Comment

I seen plenty of images of "creative" wiring and soldering skills displayed on the chipping.

Any direction on where to buy pig tailed connectors to use on these chips? Would like to try using pigtails before cutting and stripping wires. The chip comes with connectors, might as well use them right? Teeny little wires and connectors!

TRU

Comment

Another thought on this. If I swap out the CU with an analog power base and controllers I can run 143 on 132/124 track? Are CU and analog power base same length?

TRU

Comment

I have no D143 cars to match up a digital chip to D124/D132 Track Sensor. All are analog.

If I purchase a D143 car will the chip led match up with D124/D132 Track Sensor? I think the D124/D132 Track Sensor is at 4mm from the rail.

How do the D143 and D124/D132 Track Sensor match up?

Would one get all the functionality from a D143 chip that you would with a D132 chip using Bruce's RMS?

Thanks,
                            TRU

Comment

Originally posted by pl9171 View Post
                              Yes. 26742 and 26732 Carrera chip with a little angle with fit on large Carrera Go body and SCX DTM/Nascar;

Have a nice day.
                              PL
                              In these images I see the resistors needed for the purpose of the LEDs.

Since the Carrera 143 cars have resisotors going from braid to motor, wonder if they are still needed when a 26732 chip is installed?

If the resistors are still needed do they go...

Braids to Chip or Chip to Motor?

Thanks,

TRU

Comment

Working...
                              X