Tire or Tyre Truer for 1/43?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire or Tyre Truer for 1/43?

What do you guys use for tire truing? I've been looking at the Hudy, but it appears to only come with bits and pieces for 1/8" or 3/16" shafts. Seems like these little cars tend to run 2mm shafts.

Hudy shafts for 2mm wheels are widely available. Try any of the suppliers of quicker 1/32 and 1/24 cars.

Incidentally its 3/32 not 3/16 that's another common size for Hudys.

2mm axles became common on the faster 1/32 and 1/24 cars about a decade ago, so many other makes of tyre truers will do 2mm wheels..

Comment

It would also seem fairly easy to get bearings for this axle that would allow them to be used on a Tire Razor or the other machines that work on the same principal thus you could true tires on plastic rims as well as alum. rims.

Comment

Professor Motors sells a 2mm Hudy shaft.
        "Hudy H3062 2mm Axle for Hudy H3100 Tire Truer "

Comment

You know, I've looked at this 3 or 4 times, and somehow never spotted that 2mm shaft option part. I'm glad I threw out the question. I pulled the trigger and ordered the Hudy and that shaft, as well as some spare belts.

Comment

Carrera Go! has 2.2mm axles with knurled ends, which measure around 2.3 at the knurled points

same for SCX compact

Artin has 2.2mm axle (i think also the new WRC and AGM cars come with this axle size

only Kyosho used 2.38mm axles.

NO 1/43car used 2mm axles. (which i know)

do not know about Jouef, so.

I use my proxxon milling machine for tire trueing, before i used the front axle in the Dremel tool - free hand tire trueing. in the end i always used a piece of sandpaper glued to a piece of track.

Peter

Comment

Working...
            X