Car Storage???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Storage???

Hello all. It's been forever since I've stopped by this place, but it's good to be back. I broke out the slot cars over the holiday break for my 3 kids & we're still having a blast. I've got all SCX Compact sets, plus tons of extras, and when we clean it all up...which I'm trying to delay...I'd like a better way to store the cars.

I've decided to pose the question here. Is there a good tackle box style container that can hold the cars? I like the idea of each car having its own mini tray to stay in. I don't need fancy foam or anything, just a large storage box to keep them all in. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...

https://www.misterworker.com/en/terr...-sky/2260.html

Comment

Comment

My raceways, cars, controllers, and collector pieces unfortunately have to live in a basement. Over my 50+ years in the hobby, I've always kept all cars and controllers in "zip lock" type bags, and it's a good idea to be sure all your slot car accessories are properly protected during storage. I've had 1/24 scale commercial track cars stored for years like this, and besides a good "massaging" of the rear tires (never put them away dirty) and a quick lube they're ready to go. Take it easy with the power up of the motors, don't run them wide open immediately, slowly bring them up to speed.
        Hope this helps you along with having lots of FUN, and... Enjoy! -- Ernie :>)

Comment

Thanks everybody...and glad to have the site back online. It's been a good run this slot car season, but I'm going to have to clean it all up soon. Now to properly store everything...

Comment

i place them on a shelf, built from leftovers ...
            cars stand on rear tires/pin/guide

Comment

Lottsa great stuff there!

Comment

Lots of great stuff there!

Comment

Originally posted by gabriel_paul View Post
                  Nice and neat! I like those - which storage units are those in your picture, can you provide a direct link to it from the manufacturers website? The Red Bins closest to the window... are those where you store your cars?

Comment

Working...
                  X