Plastic Jalopy toy....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic Jalopy toy....

Can anyone tell me, Where to get, or if someone could sell me, one of these plastic old Jalopy Coupe toys seen in this photo....

I really see alot of potential in these toy bodies, as seen in Nerbarz remake into a late 60's era Modified coupe below...

Thanks

Comment

I might have some. I'll check over the weekend. Got them on the bay a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by cjent View Post
        I might have some. I'll check over the weekend. Got them on the bay a few years ago.
        THANK YOU - THANK YOU- THANK YOU ! ....I Hope you find them, I really need at least one-if not all that you're willing to give up, as this is the type of Cars I'm really into, and I'm New to this scale(I'm an HO guy mainly), and this look perfect, especially since Nerfbarz has already converted some

Comment

Update...

I found the Toy Jalopy's I was looking for. Check out Ballparkproductions

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphthe3rd View Post
            I found the Toy Jalopy's I was looking for. Check out Ballparkproductions

Thank for the link, got get me some of these!

Comment

Got 'em !

I've been messin' with 1/43 lately... only because I've gotten stuff to use for pennies ! Anyway.... I just got those Jalopy toys today, ordered them on Friday and they were Shipped FAST ! Jury is still out on them, as they are really cheap and flimsy and rough, look like they may have been made on a 3D Printer too ! But, they are light weight, and will be adapted to Slot Body usage- even tho they are a little large (1/36 scale?) for 1/43, so the wheelbase is an issue....ie- with the chassis('56 Ford Truck) seen under one, being the longest 1/43 chassis I own ! ..But my stuff is all Artin and cheaper Chinese junk....it's not Carrera, SCX, Ninco, etc.....which do have longer(but wider) chassis on their True 1/43 cars.

Last edited by Ralphthe3rd; 08-25-2014, 09:19 AM.

Comment

a SCX nascar chassis should fit good

Comment

Ralph it is stuff like this that made me decide on 1/43 scale. Thanks for sharing
                  Tim

Comment

Originally posted by TeamCaveman View Post
                    Ralph it is stuff like this that made me decide on 1/43 scale. Thanks for sharing
                    Tim
                    Well Tim, I wish I could say I agree, but...I cannot. I find 1/43 sorta frustrating, in that parts are harder to get- even the simple things like tires ! ...I find conversions of Bodies harder, I find the track /curve selection for the cheaper brands(like Artin) to be a joke, and the perfomance of the cars is suspect, and so is their motor life span.
                    For me, coming from HO, the only positive thing I can say about entering 1/43, is that there are TONS of Cheap USED Sets/Cars & Track out there, and at places like Flea Markets and Yard Sales, they are practically Giving it away ! As an example, the reason I got into this scale- a little more than a month ago, is because I acquired 4 complete Artin and/or Mattel sets, with a total of 20 cars( & several extra bodies) now, plus extra track and controllers etc., All for the meager sum of $30 invested so far ! And I think I'm done now for good buying 1/43...which is mainly just for my GF's Grandson to race with, as I won't let him NEAR my HO Stuff !

Comment

Working...
                    X