Tires for old HotWheels Brand 1/43 Slots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires for old HotWheels Brand 1/43 Slots

Hey Gang, I have a couple of Fast/sweet running old Mattel-HotWheels brand 1/43 Slot Cars. But the rear tires are bad, and to run them, I keep recoating with silicone.
    Anyway, My Question is, where can I get either NOS- OEM Mattel tires, OR direct replacement aftermarket tires either in Silicone OR Urethane, and still retain the Mattel Wheels. I peeled back the tires to see the rims, and their inside flange seems a tad smaller than the Artin "Skinny wheel" inner flanges. I measured the outside wheel edge (O.D.) of the rims and they are the both the same dia, but the Mattel inward wheel boss seems a tad bit larger dia (.247") than does the Artin (Skinny Wheel) axle boss(.226") .
    Here a couple of pix of the Cars in question....

Comparo of Skinny Wheels... Mattel on Left, Artin on Right >

I think Artin Skinny Tires will fit the rims, although the inward chassis hole of the Mattel Tire is a Tad *larger dia, but I should be able to enlarge that.

*the Mattel inward wheel boss is a tad bit larger dia (.247") than the Artin (Skinny Wheel) axle boss(.226") .

Comment

TRY FASLANE TOYS R US The tires fit good 8 new tires plus to sweet motors brushes for less than $5.00 the Slot cars are on sale
      Last edited by OL Mike; 08-29-2014, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Ol Mike, I'll think about that deal at Toys~R~Us, but gas for a 120 mile round trip just for toy car tires for my GF's Grandson is a tad costly, so I may just go with an online purchase of the Ranch-Design, Polyurethane Artin Replacement Rear Tires "TPART2"

Comment

toy r us has shipping as well

Comment

If you look on line you might find a few guys that make tires... if you have a good one they will copy them for a few bucks ---or might even have them already--- unfortunately the guy that use to make tires has retired from it K&D
            There are few Gents that sell tires and rims that you can replace them with

or you might try to sand the one on the cars ---hold the back end of the car UP over a piece of sand paper with the car running & lightly touch the sand paper till roundish again

Comment

Originally posted by OL Mike View Post
              TRY FASLANE TOYS R US The tires fit good 8 new tires plus to sweet motors brushes for less than $5.00 the Slot cars are on sale
              I'm going to have to try to get some at TRU tomorrow.

I have some of those Hot Wheels Nascar cars and I would recommend Just replacing the Rims and Tires.
              I do not like those tires and they seen to go bad really quickly.

Comment

There is Bruno in france and CarGo in germany, who make tires now.

If you glue the "narrow artin" tires to the rims, they will fit the old style rims as well.
                (Artin had the old style and the new style narrow rims. The newer ones only had the higher rib).

Comment

I used the super jet tires and rim
                  I sprayed the inserts silver and it's hard to tell

fronts (OLD) from backs(super jet's)
                  if you paint them gray I think they would be hard to tell

Comment

I bit the bullet today, and took a L-O-N-G ride (via motorcycle) down to my Closest Toy~R~Us in Harrisburg Pa. I bought a twin pack of the Fast Lane 1/43 Slot Cars. The had a choice of two dif body styles, and I chose the pack with the Mercedes and the Nissan. I noted that the Mercedes had a wider (axle)Track than the other bodies, and also, the bodies looked better IMO.
                    Anyway, some surprises, since I never owned any Fast Lane Cars before, ie- they Come with a NEO Traction(Bar) Magnet ! Personally, I HATE slot Cars that are stuck to the track, and cannot drift their tails out a little. But luckily, the magnets are removable, and I made them quick change, by removing the plastic spacer in front of them, that locks them in place until you remove the motor.
                    I also noted that these chassis are VERY similar to my old Mattel/Hot Wheels chassis, seen above in the OP. There are differences tho, and I like the quick change braid/pin assembly. I noted that the tires WILL swap over to the Mattel chassis, BUT, they are smaller in diameter, and that causes the bottom of the Mattel chassis to DRAG on the track sooo... the tires cannot be used without clearance issues
                    Anyway, end result > I got Two Fast Lane Cars for $4.99 from T-R-U, and that seems like a good deal. I haven't tried it yet, but I think these chassis WILL mount right onto my Mattel Bodies without any trouble.
                    In conclusion, I guess I WILL HAVE TO BE GOING, with Tires, either OEM from the Skinny Artin Wheels, or aftermarket replacements for those Artin Skinny rims....and just glue them to my Mattel wheels.

Comment

]Ralph sorry you made a long ride if you had gave a me a little a time I would sent you a set you would have got them by wed or thur thank you for sharing i notice that the hot wheel that I have is 19 98 Its not easy to work with they solder the brushes in they fix it so you could only use a hot wheel chassis so i did little cutting just trim a tad of glue the Fast chassis fit s real good THANK YOU OL Mike
                      Last edited by OL Mike; 08-31-2014, 10:19 AM.

Comment

I posted in the wrong thread... Sorry
                        Last edited by Retro 143; 09-01-2014, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X