• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CCR Construction.

That was really great Dan.
    Thank you for sharing.
    -John

p.s. What size are those lag screws? They must be tiny. And what are you using for spacers?

Thanks Again.
    Last edited by gedgeman; 01-10-2016, 10:57 PM. Reason: forgot stuff

Comment

Originally posted by YHR View Post
      If you have any questions just ask. Dan
      BARC Racing

That car looks great in yellow.
      Last edited by Wet Coast Racer; 01-15-2016, 11:55 PM. Reason: Don't need all the pictures reproduced again! It does look great in yellow, though!

Comment

Yellow

Funny you should mention that. I was thinking of yellow with red trim with and some Shell sponsorship

Comment

Originally posted by gedgeman View Post
          That was really great Dan.
          Thank you for sharing.
          -John

p.s. What size are those lag screws? They must be tiny. And what are you using for spacers?

Thanks Again.
          Yes they are very small. 1/16 scale hardware. You need a set of small wrenches as well to tighten them in.

Spacers are just styrene tube cut to size.

Cheers

Dan

Comment

That added detail of the lag screws is amazing

Comment

scratch

Lloyd good to have you back, I'vereceived a few PM's supporting our ideas from other scale guys, which has put me in good stead to start producing a few bodies, I should have a 911 mold done by tomorrow afternoon, bit no way of making the windows, but I may try a few ideas, got my styrene for a chassis build. Now a question, has anybody even used the really small R/C aeroplane motors for a slot car? I mean their avg size is about 100mm long and 6mm in Dia

Regards
              Luke

Comment

Lloyd sure nailed it...thank you for the fresh set of eyes

Comment

Thanks Old Johnny.

Luke, as far as I know nobody has used those little phone motors in a slotcar yet. I have actually put one in the chassis from a diecast FIAT 500, but have not got as far as connecting it up yet.

In the model railway world, that motor is used in small locos and use belt drive very efficiantly. I am using this system in my FIAT and maybe in my model trams. Here is a link:

http://www.nigellawton009.com/VeeTipper.html

Regards, Lloyd

Comment

yeah Loyd that is what i was thinking of, low weight, small (good for Digi chipping 1/32 chips and good for engine position... porsche!!) and high RPM...

Luke

Comment

They may not be very fast Luke, but they move those tiny R/C cars around on carpet pretty good!

Regards, Lloyd.

Comment

i've seen some at 50000RPM, do all motors have a max Voltage range? half of these are rated at between 1.5v-6v, go track is 16v?

Comment

One of the essential pieces of equipment is a variable voltage power supply. Cars can take on a completely different character with, sometimes, the smallest change in voltage.

Here is a photo of my earliest experiment with that motor and pulleys. It is very crude, but shows the pulley arrangement:

Regards, Lloyd

Comment

Scratchbuilding

Sow what do you guys use for axles and gears? never seen a comment about this subject before so was just curious

Regards
                            Luke

Comment

This was transferred from another thread, thanks to Wet Coast Racer, so a little explaining is in order. Lukeyboy 900 asked me if the small motor as used in electric aircraft had been used in a slot car.

This is an old experiment, but I have taken it a bit further now. There was too much drag on the axle with the setup shown, but I have a soldered up brass one on the go that should be a lot more efficient.

Regards, Lloyd.

Comment

All sorts Luke, depending on what I am making.

Originally I used all Ranch Design parts, but I am not sure if they are still available, does anyone on here know?

These days I prefer 1.5 or 1.6mm axles and use HO gears and turned alloy wheels made for resin kits. But I do find the HO gears a little harsh in operation.

Artin crown wheels work very well too.

Regards, Lloyd.

Comment

Working...
                                X