This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lloyd.L View Post
    Originally I used all Ranch Design parts, but I am not sure if they are still available, does anyone on here know?
    I suspect, not. The SCI Search under that name only shows up these Threads. And while their website is still found easily enough, there's no way to contact them through it, or order parts etc, so far as I can tell.

Comment

If that is the case it is a great shame. Steve and Ranch design were the mainstay of 1/43 slotting. Some alternatives are available, but not everything.

I tried to find someone to make gears here in England, but the setup costs were prohibitive.

Regards, Lloyd.

Comment

Gears seem to be the main problem, unless you buy them bulk... but 2/3rd of the gears get wasted

Comment

Steve and Ranch Design are not in business any longer.

Comment

Thanks for confirming that Chuck.

They will be hard to replace, as they were the mainstay of 1/43 scratchbuilding parts, but I am sure we will find a way!

Thanks go to Steve and family for their efforts over the years!

Regards, Lloyd.

Comment

Just an Update guys, the 911 is in Silicone should be ready by morning to start on the inside mold

Regards
              Luke

Comment

That's good Luke, I look forward to seeing the photos!

Regards, Lloyd.

Comment

They will be hard to replace, as they were the mainstay of 1/43 scratchbuilding parts, but I am sure we will find a way!
                  Just a random thought; I've noticed that a company called Vincent is making slot car wheels for HO racers; you could Google them easily enough.

Thing is, they appear to be relatively strong in the market, with new products coming out; so perhaps it would be worth contacting them, to see if they would be interested in making serious wheels for 1/43 racers?

Comment

Thanks Wet Coast Racer. There are some alternative wheels available, and most other pieces to scratchbuild with in 1/43.

I think that a parts source thread may be an idea, so that we can all share info about the suppliers that we use or know of.

Regards, Lloyd.

Comment

Lots of ways to grow the hobby, everywhere!

I think that a parts source thread may be an idea, so that we can all share info about the suppliers that we use or know of.
                      Start one of those by all means, or perhaps see what responses show up here(?). If you do launch such a Thread, use a simple title that will 'connect' with search engines, such as '1/43 Scale Slot Car Parts' or '1/43 Scale Wheels' for best success.

So long as SCI Members keep Rule 13 in mind and abstain from posting links to non-Advertisers, this could work quite well, I think.

Comment

Well trying out with a slosh cast first, see how that turns out, if not i'll mold the female mold to create a 2 part molding process... this time in another 30 minutes i'll of made my 1st ever resin body

Comment

First cast ever!!

Ok, well i said it was coming and here it is, not the best i could of done but for a 1st try... not bad either, a few faults mind so this cast is heading for a mantle piece as a trophy haha as you can see on the side skirts a bit hasn't cast due to a small gap... slosh casting ey!! lol

Anyway here you go!!

Regards
                          Luke

Comment

Good start Luke!

Regards, Lloyd.

Comment

casting another one as we speak, hopefully not as many mistakes, I may go back to doing a 2 part mold as i kinda miss some of the details like open windows, headlights and grille section... but we'll see

Regards, Luke

Comment

Live by the 9 P's. **** Poor Planning Promotes **** Poor Performance, Practice, Perfect.

Comment

Working...
                                X