Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pre planned everything, was my motions and rotations that caused the issue

Regards
    Luke

Comment

Not gone well...

well my 1st cast was ok... 1st on the left, but the other 3? 2nd was a slosh... too thin, 3rd well the mold was disturbed by B.I.L so silicone got in the way ( but i managed to fix the molds, and 4th decided it din't want to go straight and it ended up twisted.

not good but getting there practice makes perfect, waiting on more silicone through the mail then will start on the Saleen S7...

Kind Regards
      Luke

Comment

Looking pretty good for a first effort Luke.

Even less than perfect shells can be made into good models, I rarely throw any away!

Regards, Lloyd.

Comment

Yeah I will be filling some parts, but I want them good enough to bebable to provide a service to other 143 who want more cars... I'm gonna leabe them in the mold for a bit longer, 30 mins is demold time for this resin.,, might leabe it 35-40 mins to ensure everything is straight.

Cheers for the kind words
          Regards
          Luke

Comment

Trial fitting of the steering unit to the Micro Scalextric chassis today. Will fit a guide next:

Regards, Lloyd

Comment

It it attached to the guide?

Regards Luke

Comment

Nice work Lloyd. The cap and resistors you are using are for what reason? I used to add these to all my cars but lately I just leave them off, and I don't see much difference in anything.

I thought they were for EMI, buy my cars even with this stuff played Havoc with my ARC set up.

Comment

Yes Luke, it will be attatched to a guide. As my rally track has very tight hairpin bends, I am trying out several steering and guide arrangements to find out what works best. I will show some of the variations soon.

YHR, it still has the resistors on because that is what come with the Micro Scalex car. I do not normally use them and will probably take them off.

This is a first test chassis and will probably go through many changes until I find the best setup, then I have a lot of rally cars to build!

Comment

Ferrari 250 P

Built a new Ferrari on a Gift Card Chassis. This is a Resin body I did up with a full interior.

I ordered some photo etched steering wheels so when they get here I will add that and a Driver

Until then the cars is parked in front of the Kleskun Hills Admin Building

I notice the window glue is not yet dry in the photo

Here it is beside a 1/32 scale GT 40

Can we ever convince the manufactures to build us some cars.

Comment

Another nice job, I like the full interior!

Regards, Lloyd.

Comment

The best of the three ! Although it would look better if the rear wheels were a bit more inside, at least covered by the arches / body.

K.

Comment

I agree. I used the rims I had on hand but have the right sized order for the next one.

You should like the Lotus 40 I am doing up.

Comment

Porsche RS60

A little car that punched out of its weight class, cleaning up its class and then going on to finish 3rd over all at Le Mans.

With retro Mustangs, Cudas and Camero, I wonder why Porsche never revisited this little car and do street version for the Masses. 66 years later the thing still looks cool.

This has an extended HO chassis with 1/43 turned aluminum rims and cast steel wheel inserts. I cast the resin body shell myself and the thing is pretty much scratch built except for the kit bashed chassis. Once i pulled the HO magnets out this motor was hard to control with my 60 Ohm controller. So I dropped in a 40 Ohm resistor ahead of the motor and got it controllable. Already becoming one of my favorites on the track.

Comment

The best yet! Great job.

Regards, Lloyd.

Comment

Very nice. There's something to say about the classics. I'm getting close to starting the 250, waiting on paint, rims, and the trim kit. Then it's on!

Comment

Working...
                                X