This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyd.L
    started a topic 1/43 scratchbuilders thread.

1/43 scratchbuilders thread.

A place to show your scratchbuilt 1/43 scale slotcar models.

Just to get the ball rolling:

I built this chassis mainly to see whether a Chase Cars printed steering unit would be of use to 1/43 modellers. The AFX Turbo motor is mounted in a thin brass subframe, which is screwed to a sheet of aluminium.

I sent it to Peter to try out on the Desmo. He said that it went well but the steering was catching on the motor wires. I had left rather too much motor wire in place, which I will reduce for the Pronomag proxy.

Peter also said that, especially with the black painted wheels, that he could not tell it had steering whilst it was moving. I know, but I like it!

The body is a Heller Lancia Beta Turbo from a 1/43 kit.

Now your turn!

Regards, Lloyd.

• MikeySlotCars
    replied
    Nice! work guys

Mikey

Leave a comment:

• Lloyd.L
    replied
    Not quite yet Dan, in a day or two.

Regards, Lloyd

Leave a comment:

• YHR
    replied
    Hi Lloyd

Any progress shots of the Falcon?

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Lloyd.L
    replied
    Just started a new build using a Ranch design Falcon body and one of Marc's printed chassis:

Regards, Lloyd

Leave a comment:

• YHR
    replied
    I use the clear plastic containers used for lettuce from the supermarket. They have a low melting temp and are easy to vacuum form. Functional recycling.

Leave a comment:

• 54to69Rfine
    replied
    Glad I stayed up past my bedtime to read/see these creations. It was mentioned that windows for one of the builds was done by vacuum forming, what type of material was used? I was thinking about something similar to create windows for my 1/24 scale resins. Lovely work guys. This is real scratching!!

Leave a comment:

• pl9171
    replied
    Originally posted by YHR View Post
    Got the decals and the Ferrari finished. This car has nice lines.

My son loves this one (me too). Kind of pure red.
    Thanks for sharing

Leave a comment:

• Lloyd.L
    replied
    I have started Dan!

Regards, Lloyd.

Leave a comment:

• YHR
    replied
    Great car Lloyd. Maybe with the onset of winter we will see you building some new ones.

Cheers

Dan

Leave a comment:

• ourwayband
    replied
    Great looking builds!!!

Rusty

Leave a comment:

• Lloyd.L
    replied
    Here is a photo that I didnt realise I had. It was taken by Peter on his wonderful 'Desmo' track and is of my Morgan +4. It is a resin body with HO motor in a brass scratchbuilt chassis:

Regards, Lloyd.

Leave a comment:

• pfuetze
    replied
    The Porsche is very nice, Dan!
    love the ProNoMag decal!

Leave a comment:

• YHR
    replied
    Porsche 934

Added another Porsche to the stable

This is from an old mold of a 934 I did awhile ago.. I thin cast it as it has an interior.

I painted it up an added BARC livery decal that I make on my printer

This is powered by a new square can motor I have found that has excellent slot car characteristics for a small motor. Rated at 16K rpm at 12 volts with great braking performance. Car will come to a complete stop in about 30cm. My experience with the small N class motors to date has not given me this braking ability. Even though it lacks the top end of the 30K N class, it more then makes up for it in they way it can be driven. The cars I have repowered with this motor are braking track records on my track.

Cheers

Dan

Leave a comment:

• YHR
    replied
    Munter from New Zealand casts these in 132. One is being run in the Pan American Proxy, and it looks like a really nice casting,

I think he is a member here and over at HRW

Cheers

Dan
    Last edited by YHR; 10-14-2016, 06:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X