How to use 6 cars on Carrera 143 digital track

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use 6 cars on Carrera 143 digital track

I have read that you can use the black box from digital 132 track on 143 track to run up to 6 cars is are there any step by step instructions available

please help
    Thanks
    Merick

You also need the 1/32 chips for the cars & only one is small enough to fit in 1/43 cars & not so easy to do on some cars...

Mikey

Comment

Merick, have a word with Chuck Herron at American Slot Car World, he has been doing this for a long time.

Regards, Lloyd.

Comment

Thanks for your help I will email chuck

Comment

Got your email Merick and will get the info to you.

Comment

Originally posted by cjent View Post
            Got your email Merick and will get the info to you.

Send that to me as well Chuck, please. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Headhunter View Post
              Send that to me as well Chuck, please. Thanks!
              Hello,
              Could you send me too?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I am doing some research on digital racing. I have checked out the Oxyigen system but it is very pricey and I think overkill for what I want. So now I am checking out the Carrara digital 132 stuff

Has anyone who posted on this thread checked any of this out yet. I emailed Chuck and am waiting on his reply.

I am just looking for someone who has some hands on experience using the D132 stuff on Go track. I have some questions

Cheers

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by MikeySlotCars View Post
                  You also need the 1/32 chips for the cars & only one is small enough to fit in 1/43 cars & not so easy to do on some cars...

Mikey

You only need D132 chips if you want to run an older Black Box and use fuel management or the max speed and max brake adjustments. If all you are looking for is six cars- it will work with a Black Box, just no fuel (on a BB system, the car chip handles fuel, and the D143 chip doesn't support that feature).

If you use the newer Control Unit rather than an older Black Box- you can even get fuel management with your existing cars (the CU handles fuel- not the car chip). No need for the D132 chips.

If you are 100% determined to duplicate all of the D132 functions, including ghost and pace car, max speed and max brake adjustments- then you would need to swap out the chips.
                  Last edited by b.yingling; 04-20-2016, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Are you saying that then new 132 CU will allow you to run 6 D143 chipped cars??

Carrera said no way to me when I asked that question, so this is one important thing. If what you say is true then it would make the conversion really simple.

Although I have found a supplier of 143 chips that are only 18mmX25mm that do work with the Carrera D132 stuff, so I kind of have that angle covered. Still if the new 132CU will run 6 D143 cars that is an important development.

Comment

Originally posted by b.yingling View Post
                      You only need D132 chips if you want to run an older Black Box and use fuel management or the max speed and max brake adjustments. If all you are looking for is six cars- it will work with a Black Box, just no fuel (on a BB system, the car chip handles fuel, and the D143 chip doesn't support that feature).

If you use the newer Control Unit rather than an older Black Box- you can even get fuel management with your existing cars (the CU handles fuel- not the car chip). No need for the D132 chips.

If you are 100% determined to duplicate all of the D132 functions, including ghost and pace car, max speed and max brake adjustments- then you would need to swap out the chips.

Originally posted by YHR View Post
                      Are you saying that then new 132 CU will allow you to run 6 D143 chipped cars??
                      Yeah! first time I heard of this too
                      @ b.yingling if that is what you're saying then this would change things in a big way for Carrera D143
                      Do you have the part # of this new black box?

We should ask pl9171 , he should know about this as he convert his Go track into 1/32 digital system

Mikey
                      Last edited by MikeySlotCars; 04-20-2016, 02:06 PM.

Comment

The new CU is the one with the dashboard.

Quote from Carrera

" Yes you can use D143 cars on a D132 track but you cannot race 6 D143 cars under any circumstances."

Comment

Originally posted by YHR View Post
                          The new CU is the one with the dashboard.

Quote from Carrera

" Yes you can use D143 cars on a D132 track but you cannot race 6 D143 cars under any circumstances."
                          Well, it certainly isn't the first time 'Carrera ' has given less than stellar information about their own system.

It's been years since the CU was released, but there were users here who did run fuel on their D143 systems. You have to also include the electronics from a pit lane adapter in order to refuel the cars- so it isn't as simple as removing your Redbox and just running the wires from the CU to the 1/43 track.

It is that simple for just using all six IDs, however. The D143 chips recognize all 6 IDs, and the data protocol on the rails is identical.

You can search through old (years old!!) posts here and/or go to Slotbaer's website for more information. It's in German, but google translate does a decent job of getting you there.

Comment

I am using AIR one control on my Carerra track, so I know that users will find a way to do things that manufacturers never intended.

IF the D143 chips can be programmed on all 6 ID available on the D132 system then this is news that the manufacturer needs to be made aware of. 3 car Digital is of no interest to me, 4 and above though, and you have my attention.

This fact would make the idea of going digital for 1/43 scale more appealing I would think.

Comment

Ok all this made me thinking... since you can run 1/43 digital cars on a 1/32 digital track can you do the opposite & run 1/32 digital cars on the 1/43 red box?

I understand if it can run on the red box you'll still be limited to 3 cars but that would solved the problem of not been able to buy extras 1/43 chips for the analog cars that you want to digitize...
                              Just buy some 1/32 F1 chips put in the cars & you're done

I would be alright racing only 3 cars with lights & lap/time counter
                              I don't care about pit-lane (except for looks) , refueling , ghost cars , etc...

Mikey
                              Last edited by MikeySlotCars; 04-21-2016, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X