Questions regarding Carrera 143 Digital

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions regarding Carrera 143 Digital

I am curious as to what all it is Carrera 143 Digital offers. I know the larger scales offer pit stop, refuelling, and up to 6 cars, but it seems 143 Digital is significantly less in function.

Am I correct that the standard features offered with 143 Digital is limited to the following?
    - 3 cars racing at the same time.
    - track lane change

I do see Carrera offers a Pit Stop Lane accessory for Digital 143, but seeing it is compatible with 132/124, I have a suspicion that it is actually 124 track, and the pit-lane function offered by 132/124 Digital works with 143 cars. Is this accurate?

If that is the case, I find it misleading to suggest that it is an accessory for 143 digital. But maybe I'm missing something here.

I have seen threads on these forums as to essentially using the larger scale digital components and modifying them for 143, but I have not read that in complete details as I'm not sure I'd want to go down that sort of path as my means of learning how these types of electronics, etc work and learning how to solder.

Originally posted by Wood0209 View Post
    I am curious as to what all it is Carrera 143 Digital offers. I know the larger scales offer pit stop, refuelling, and up to 6 cars, but it seems 143 Digital is significantly less in function.

Am I correct that the standard features offered with 143 Digital is limited to the following?
    - 3 cars racing at the same time.
    - track lane change

I do see Carrera offers a Pit Stop Lane accessory for Digital 143, but seeing it is compatible with 132/124, I have a suspicion that it is actually 124 track, and the pit-lane function offered by 132/124 Digital works with 143 cars. Is this accurate?

If that is the case, I find it misleading to suggest that it is an accessory for 143 digital. But maybe I'm missing something here.

I have seen threads on these forums as to essentially using the larger scale digital components and modifying them for 143, but I have not read that in complete details as I'm not sure I'd want to go down that sort of path as my means of learning how these types of electronics, etc work and learning how to solder.
    This appears to be an error on the website. I've asked that this be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveKennedy View Post
      This appears to be an error on the website. I've asked that this be fixed.
      Well that's extremely unfortunate...

I guess 143 Digital is limited to lane change and 3 cars?

Comment

Correct.

Comment

You also get ghost cars when using the Digital 143 wireless controller power base.

Best regards,
          Brian

Comment

Working...
          X