Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Carrera and Artin axles the same diameter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Carrera and Artin axles the same diameter?

Hi Folks,

I would like to use the Artin crown gear on the Carrera axle. I re-motored the Carrera "Mater," but unlike the Carrera Ferrari, this crown is slightly distorted -- ran fine with the Carrera motor where the motor's shaft fits between the crown and that other disc that keeps the rear wheels centered. (I know the Artim pinion is not a perfect fit with the Carrera crown; on the Ferrari it works well enough for my odd-ball purposes.)

Thanks!

Take care, Joe

the axle diameters are the same (or at least nearly the same).
    BUT Carrera uses knurled ends for the wheels and knurls for the crown gear, while Artin uses blank axles.
    You can directly fit 2.38mm axles into Carrera crowns and wheels.
    Artin axles are 2.2mm
    it you try to push the Artin crown onto the carrera axles, i think it will break. you would need to drill it out a little and this operation is a PITA.

Comment

Originally posted by pfuetze View Post
      the axle diameters are the same (or at least nearly the same).
      BUT Carrera uses knurled ends for the wheels and knurls for the crown gear, while Artin uses blank axles.
      You can directly fit 2.38mm axles into Carrera crowns and wheels.
      Artin axles are 2.2mm
      it you try to push the Artin crown onto the carrera axles, i think it will break. you would need to drill it out a little and this operation is a PITA.
      Hi Pete,

Thanks for the information! The slight irregularity in the crown is barely noticeable at crawling speeds (on PWM), and it sort of works for Mater's personality. Almost as if there is a slight flat spot on a tire.

Take care, Joe.

Comment

Hey JoeI did It. I used Carrera Go Crown gear On a artin Axle I did a twisting motionWith the crown GearTo get it on the axle ThenI put the dropSuper glueTo hold it in place It runs great You got to rememberTake your time . OL Mike

Comment

Originally posted by OL Mike View Post
          Hey Joe I did It. I used Carrera Go Crown gear On a artin Axle I did a twisting motion With the crown GearTo get it on the axle ThenI put the dropSuper glueTo hold it in place It runs great You got to remember Take your time . OL Mike
          Thanks for the info, tips, and photos!

Comment

Working...
          X