Carrera

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrera

Can all 6 cars be driven with a remote on Carrera digital, or are positions 5 and 6 required to be driven with wired controllers?

There are 4 positions on the digital control unit but all 6 cars can be driven. If using wired controllers you need a Carrera controller extension:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8cF0CAu5bA"]#30348 Speed Controller Extension Set - YouTube[/ame]

When using wireless controllers you can program then for all 6 positions and don't need any additional equipment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2bqp1k5I9A

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by perrotoro View Post
      Can all 6 cars be driven with a remote on Carrera digital, or are positions 5 and 6 required to be driven with wired controllers?
      To run 6 wireless cars, my guess is that you will need one Carrera 10109 2.4 GHz Wireless Control Set DUO Digital and 2 Carrera 10113 Wireless Charging Station Double for Digital and 4 Carrera 10111 NEW 2.4 GHz Wireless, Single Controller

Comment

Originally posted by legrandnormand View Post
        To run 6 wireless cars, my guess is that you will need one Carrera 10109 2.4 GHz Wireless Control Set DUO Digital and 2 Carrera 10113 Wireless Charging Station Double for Digital and 4 Carrera 10111 NEW 2.4 GHz Wireless, Single Controller
        You technically don't need two charging stations, as they are just that, charging stations. You could conceivably have the charting station from the Wireless Control Set DUO and 4 additional controllers. You just limit yourself to charging two controllers at a time.

The following goes way beyond perrotoro's question, but could be useful for perrotoro or others.

If you're looking to reduce costs yet expand to a total of 6 wireless controllers, you may want to consider buying used complete sets, you just need to be patient to find ones at a steal of a price, or be willing to expand your search and pay for shipping. I recently purchased a GT Passions set (it's currently in transit) for $150 CAD, plus $55 CAD for shipping, because what I want out of it is the double lane change, the cars, and the wireless controllers. Buying the controllers individually new would cost me $75 a pop, or about $150 if I were to purchase the wireless set of two controllers and a charging base. Now toss in the cars that would normally cost $70 each new, the double lane change I wanted now becomes a "throw in". I then have the option to turn around and sell of the control unit, wireless receiver, and the AppConnect as they are not needed. In comparison, a set similar to this (since this exact one is no longer in production) would cost $500+ CAD.

Comment

BTW, did you build your table ?

Comment

Originally posted by legrandnormand View Post
            BTW, did you build your table ?
            Not just yet, been occupied with other things that have arisen on weekends, and now we're about to head out for our annual 2 week vacation in PEI. So hope to get a jump on it the week after we return.

Comment

Working...
            X